Cannot set home point using Ipad mini 2

Reaction score
Hi
I cannot set my home point when using the ipad mini 2 , just keeps saying that 'home point not recorded' . Is it because it doesn't have GPS. I thought I read you only need GPS to use the different flight modes or change your home point after you have taken off. Also on the Ipad mini 2 it advises I need a firmware upgrade but If I am connected to my bird I don't have an internet connection. Confused.....

Your home point should be automatically set when you start the motors outside. You should see the home point marked on the map.

Follow these steps to upgrade the firmware:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You need to download the newer firmware while device is connected to the internet then the next time u connect to the bird it will ask you if you want to install new firmware click yes and let it do it's thing. I'm not sure about homepoint question I don't use iOS but not having GPS sounds like a logical reason, in app you can set homepoint to aircrafts current location you can do that while standing next to it before take-off if it's not recording homepoint automatically before takeoff

Was rc on during update installation? Try turning off all three things (drone rc and device) then restarting them back up rc then app then drone

If that worked remember to recalibrate imu after any firmware update, I recalibrate everything imu compass rc gimbal after any firmware update just to be safe but not sure if all need to be but definitely imu and compass to be safe

If that worked remember to recalibrate imu after any firmware update, I recalibrate everything imu compass rc gimbal after any firmware update just to be safe but not sure if all need to be but definitely imu and compass to be safe
This was what was on the SD card P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin Does that look right ?? there is a lot of 9's in that number.

This was what was on the SD card P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin Does that look right ?? there is a lot of 9's in that number.
This is the log
========== 2016.11.30 14:47:12 =====================
Packet: P3C_FW_V99.99.9999.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

I need this thing flying by the weekend. what I have done !!!!

Does the text file on SD card say update successful or unsuccessful?

K so rc was updated as well that's good, k on the bottom right side of ac near where both arms meet the body you'll see a recessed button that's the button to link ac and rc.

Ok found the procedure for relinking, followed it and I think I'm back in business , They didn't explain that when you do the upgrade.
Now have flashing green lights.
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

thanks for reminding me, so that should just be IMU and Compass, will do that before the next flight.
Did this fix your home point problem?

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.