Cannot render the file

Reaction score
It seems that when I shoot video with the P2V if I don't stop recording before landing and turning off the P2V then I can't open the video when I put the micro SD card in the computer. All I get when I try and open the video is a message that says "cannot render the file" is there some way to recover the video? Any help would be much appreciated.

Put the card back in the camera, fire up the app and connect to the camera, turn the record function on and then off again using the app. This should make the file usable.

I tried this but no luck. I can't believe that there haven't been countless people who have done this, but I am surprised that there isn't a simple solution. Thanks for the input.

There have been and the solution is to press stop in the app before turning the Phantom off. Now if I could only remember to do it... :?

grochester said:
Put the card back in the camera, fire up the app and connect to the camera, turn the record function on and then off again using the app. This should make the file usable.

Actually all you have to do is put the card back into the camera, boot the Phantom up... wait a few seconds... pull the card back out, and voila... I forget to turn the camera off all the time. This always fixes it, but I think you lose a short amount of the video towards the end...

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20