Cannot recommend P2V+

DaveTown said:
From my point of view, it might actually be easier to learn to fly without all the gee-whizzy tech stuff. Just you and the bird, so you can focus on FLYIING. Go slow and learn what each control does. The only caveat is to be careful when you do add the camera back onto the rig, because the extra weight will affect the flying characteristics.

No- it won't be easier. The Phantom is very easy to fly, it doesn't take long to learn and all that gee-whizzy tech stuff only makes it easier.
Just do your first few flights in an open area away from trees, powerlines and buildings.
Take it easy and don't do anything stupid.

Jstic said:
It's cutting edge technology and gaining in popularity. I don't think even DJI anticipated selling as many units as they have and will. Most crashes are pilot error, failure to read the manual, failure to train properly, or some other reason that is NOT DJI's fault. I'm sure there are just some bad ones that get sold, like anything else. But patience is a must with something that is very new technology and if you aren't prepared to wait, probably best not to buy the PV2+.

I'm in the same boat as Silverminer and now own two. I am shipping the first one back to DJI and will wait for them to fix broken camera and GPS not working right, hopefully at minimum charge to me. I may keep it when it comes back just to have spare parts available.

Mine have 1 month old and 20 simple flies...I start feeling that this is an adict machine... never thought it will... Im in Buenos Aires Argentina and for me is a very very expensive hobby (10 times expensive than for you, so ...fill good...) but i think if i crash it i will order a second one anyway. What can i say ... this is an addictive machine...!!! :shock: :shock:

Bigdz said:
skulltronix said:
I've had my P2V+ for a couple of months and thought it was the best thing ever until the camera broke off on a hard landing. But now I can't get ANY response from support via phone or email. I've been waiting for two weeks. So, if anyone is reading this with the intention of buying one I'd have to say emphatically, DON'T. Eventually you will need support. And it doesn't exist.
If any of you have any contacts or secrets on getting service from DJI please let me know.

You must be MAD because you post this same thread in another forum, sorry about you bird. when I had issue with mine I called DJI LA waited for 40 minutes and problem was solved. Call them be patient and wait... Sure it will get resolved!!

Operator error= crash(I'm guilty of it)
Landing it, than catch it!

I can only wait 40 minutes with skype i think ... only way :roll: ...international call ....

I have not crashed my Phantom, fled materials with a blade before I bought the vision +. 'm very happy with it, had not chosen a zenmuse today, I say to all read the user manual. learn to fly in manual mode no help funds. start with atti then go to manual soon. I fly a lot in manual. you are not experienced crashes to warranted. I learned manual flight with blade qx 350 for 2 years before I bought the phantom. Flying in the manual you have to keep on the throttle otherwise you down. Looks there are many who enter the phantom dropped engine stopped in the air, I think that they have come across in manual mode and no command of this full extent.

The other flight modes are fine for those wanting a challenge or to try something different but to learn in anything other than GPS is crazy when you have paid for a quad that has it. For many users GPS mode is all they will ever need or want and it definitely makes it easy and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

YeeaaBoii said:
Worst company of all time in terms of support and quality control. I'm only using them because I need something small, easy to work with, and quick set up when I'm out on ranches and in the woods. I'm switching to the Walkera Tali H500 as soon as I have the funds but that won't be for another month or so since I've had to blow all my money on the P2V+'s.

what makes you think the tali 500 and its gimbal are indestructible?? looking at certain design features it looks like they come from the same drawing board??

Meta4 said:
No on the cable and ..
Think twice before you cripple your P2+ by removing the gimbal/camera.
You'll be removing a lot of the things that make your bird easier to fly.
You'll have no wifi, no FPV and no telemetry so you can't see how many satellites you have, how far away or what direction the Phantom is. You won't know what direction the bird is pointing, how fast it's travelling, how high it is or howmuch battery is left.
The gimbal and camera do a lot more than just take photos.

You don't have FPV or telemetry data, which is really not needed when first learning to fly as the bird is usually very close to you. You know by the leds that you have either enough satellites to fly gps or not enough, and for beginners, that is all that is important. During training, when you are keeping your craft close and where you can see the back of it and the leds, taking the camera off for a beginner would probably save a LOT of people the cost of a new camera, anywhere from $679 to $799, depending on who you buy from. Like another poster said, learning how to fly manually first can be a very good thing, not a bad one. And there are probably not many owners out there who had no clue how to fly a quad that didn't break their camera or something on their V2+ while learning.

Rermember, the Phantom 2 and others are sold WITHOUT cameras and FPV, and many people fly and enjoy them just the same.

Jstic said:
Meta4 said:
. You DO have wifi,.

You sure about that? My understanding is the wifi is built into the square base part of camera. I had my camera off and if I remember correctly I could not connect via wifi and gain any information.

rrmccabe said:
Jstic said:
Meta4 said:
. You DO have wifi,.

You sure about that? My understanding is the wifi is built into the square base part of camera. I had my camera off and if I remember correctly I could not connect via wifi and gain any information.

You have a connection to the craft with the controller, maybe my terminology is wrong. You don't have a WIFI connection to the camera, that is correct. I edited my post, sorry for misunderstanding.

Jstic said:
But patience is a must with something that is very new technology and if you aren't prepared to wait, probably best not to buy the PV2+.

Well said. This is definitely a hobby where you need to do an honest evaluation of your toy budget. If you can't afford to crash it, you might be better off finding a more robust, well established and tested toy. If you can afford it, there's nothing quite like pushing YOUR limits (as opposed to endangering other people) with a P2V+ and seeing what she'll do. It's a rush, but it can get pricey. For me, the cost relative to the amount of fun is hard to beat.

JWarren said:
No offense to the original poster but I can recommend the P2V+. These aren't made out of titanium, people. You land a 777 too hard and it's nose gear will collapse, so expect a hard landing, of which most are pilot error, to do damage. I'm coming up on 100 flights between 2 different P2V+'s and there has never been a problem that wasn't my creation. So yes, go fourth and buyeth!

I honestly don't understand this 'hard landing' thing... I have flown R/C models on & off for 30yrs and crashed my fair share of them. Usually due to a gust of wind, the forward speed when landing and pilot error. Buying a P2V+ was the first multi-rotor I had ever flown and landing is a breeze (no pun intended). Just bring her down gently, hover a foot above the ground, even if you have to wait for a lull in the wind, then bring her straight down... Simple. These things are so accurate you can hover 3" off the ground and set it down ever-so-gently.....

Those of you recommending patience must be working for DJI. There is NO excuse for a company to be still shipping new units but taking many weeks (or not at all) to respond to emails and phone calls. If your car or cell phone service was this bad you'd be pissed. This is not a low priced toy. Its expensive.
The only email I have received from DJI said: "Dear Eduardo, it appears your service issue was resolved and we are closing the ticket".

My name is not Eduardo. Never has been. Probably never will be.

So for a broken camera cable I'm expected to pay over $700 and wait for weeks. Thats a bit much for a cable.

So, yes, I'm pissed. I'm not new to rc hobbies. I make my living selling rc servo based products. I expect better.

skulltronix said:
Those of you recommending patience must be working for DJI. There is NO excuse for a company to be still shipping new units but taking many weeks (or not at all) to respond to emails and phone calls. If your car or cell phone service was this bad you'd be pissed. This is not a low priced toy. Its expensive.
The only email I have received from DJI said: "Dear Eduardo, it appears your service issue was resolved and we are closing the ticket".

My name is not Eduardo. Never has been. Probably never will be.

So for a broken camera cable I'm expected to pay over $700 and wait for weeks. Thats a bit much for a cable.

So, yes, I'm pissed. I'm not new to rc hobbies. I make my living selling rc servo based products. I expect better.

Yep. We are all paid by DJI. They pay me in Phantoms. I just take them out of the box and crash them into the ground because I know I have 50 more on the way.
DJI could do better with their customer service, yes. To most of us, that is not enough of a reason to ditch them. Why don't you buy a different ready to fly drone for $1200 if you don't like the services and features that DJI offers?

Be patient with those guys. It is very hard to contact them , they o ly answer on wensday and friday. You have to be the first or second one in the line, they have a recording that tells you your waiting number. Once you reach them they are very amable. I think they have not expected to sell as many. Visions so I think they are overwelmed with those issues. I have a vision 2 plus and when I decided to uptdate I lost the contlrol on the gimbal and my pc does not recognize it as a vision 2 plus. It reconize it as a vision 2 so I can not control the gimbal. The phone number is on the dji main page under LA headquarters. I am returning mine just now. So BE PATIENT, GOOD LUCK

It is true that they must improve the customer service, I as a customer of DJI the minimal thing to expect is a quick response to my questions. It is true that we are not talking about a 100 dollars toys.

I think most people asking for patience did not have a problem YET. I am waiting for almost 3 MONTHS as my camera disconnected from the gimbal while the Phantom was on a table and the ribbon cable broke. Now I received an email from DJI telling that my gimbal suffered a violent crash, the motors are not good and they need to charge for the repair!!!! My Phantom NEVER experienced a single crash!! It is intact!! I even replied them asking if we are talking about the same gimbal. But so far no answer from them.

locoworks said:
YeeaaBoii said:
Worst company of all time in terms of support and quality control. I'm only using them because I need something small, easy to work with, and quick set up when I'm out on ranches and in the woods. I'm switching to the Walkera Tali H500 as soon as I have the funds but that won't be for another month or so since I've had to blow all my money on the P2V+'s.

what makes you think the tali 500 and its gimbal are indestructible?? looking at certain design features it looks like they come from the same drawing board??

Be sure to consider Walkera's warranty below before buying:

Warranties and Returns Policy

All products have a 30-day warranty.

Goods cannot be returned for any reason including a customer no longer needing or wanting a product or lack of product knowledge unless the item is defective or faulty, in which case the following applies.

All goods are checked before they are sent out. In the unlikely event that goods are faulty, they must be returned to our service center at the address as provided by us within 30 days of receipt, providing that the device has not been altered beyond that necessary to evaluate it, has no physical damage, and has been properly soldered or assembled by the user. Manufacturing defects identified during that period will be repaired by iUAS or replaced by with the same item. You are required to provide photos or a video of the item(s) if returns or servicing is required.

The iUAS store will not accept goods that have been clearly used more than the amount needed to evaluate their functionality. If the goods are found to be in working condition and the lack of functionality is a result of knowledge or assembly error on the customer’s part, no refund will be made, but the goods will be returned to the user at their expense. If there is evidence that the product has been modified or an effort to “fix” it has been made, the iUAS store will not be responsible and therefore will not provide an exchange.

You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).

If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.

sidebox said:
Yep. We are all paid by DJI. They pay me in Phantoms. I just take them out of the box and crash them into the ground because I know I have 50 more on the way.
DJI could do better with their customer service, yes. To most of us, that is not enough of a reason to ditch them. Why don't you buy a different ready to fly drone for $1200 if you don't like the services and features that DJI offers?
You only have 50 on the way? Loser! You must be on the "B" list. Us on the "A" list have 100 in reserve. :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31