Cannot power up motors

Reaction score
I have a P2 and H3-2D set-up. After upgrading all firmware, I can no longer power up the motors using the default CSC. I read somewhere about needing to upload the default configuration parameters and recalibrating the controller -- I think I know how to do the latter but how does one do the upload? Thanks.

chensy said:
I have a P2 and H3-2D set-up. After upgrading all firmware, I can no longer power up the motors using the default CSC. I read somewhere about needing to upload the default configuration parameters and recalibrating the controller -- I think I know how to do the latter but how does one do the upload? Thanks.

Did you upgrade your controller and did you calibrate it afterwards?

ianwood said:
chensy said:

Did you upgrade your controller and did you calibrate it afterwards?

Yes I think I have done those.

chensy said:

Better to be sure but if you have everything updated, open up the P2 assistant and check the calibration of your controller. Put both sticks fully down and fully in and check the software to make sure you have -1,000 (or close to it) on channels A, E, T and 1,000 (or close to it) or the R channel. Note that when connected to the computer, the motors will not start.

If that checks out then tell us what light sequences the P2 is showing from start up.

ianwood said:
chensy said:

Better to be sure but if you have everything updated, open up the P2 assistant and check the calibration of your controller. Put both sticks fully down and fully in and check the software to make sure you have -1,000 (or close to it) on channels A, E, T and 1,000 (or close to it) or the R channel. Note that when connected to the computer, the motors will not start.

If that checks out then tell us what light sequences the P2 is showing from start up.

If by fully down you mean towards the right and left corners A is about 180, E is about 390, T is about -330, while R is 647.

If you mean just straight down, A is 0, E is about 400, T is about -260, while R is 0.

chensy said:
If by fully down you mean towards the right and left corners A is about 180, E is about 390, T is about -330, while R is 647.

If you mean just straight down, A is 0, E is about 400, T is about -260, while R is 0.

Looks like you need to re-calibrate your controls.

ianwood said:
chensy said:

Looks like you need to re-calibrate your controls.

Ok, do I do this via the RC Assistant, or P2 Assistant?

ianwood said:
chensy said:

P2 Assistant, basic tab.

Ok I just tried that but it seems the values are still about the same as before when viewed using the P2 Assistant; however, when I look at the values in the RC Assistant, they are -1000 for A, E, and T and 1000 for R...

chensy said:
ianwood said:
chensy said:

P2 Assistant, basic tab.

Ok I just tried that but it seems the values are still about the same as before when viewed using the P2 Assistant; however, when I look at the values in the RC Assistant, they are -1000 for A, E, and T and 1000 for R...

Ok I think the problem is solved. I must have missed a step when I was following this firmware note:
1)Use the PHANTOM RC Assistant software to upgrade the remote controller firmware to V1.0.1.11.
2)Calibrate the sticks and X1 channel of the remote controller using the PHANTOM RC Assistant software.
3)Use the PHANTOM 2 Assistant software to upgrade the Gimbal IMU firmware to V1.8 via upgrade page.
4)After the upgrade is completed, calibrate the X1 channel of the main controller using the PHANTOM 2 Assistant software to ensure compatibility of PHANTOM 2 and the Zenmuse H3-2D.

Nonetheless thanks ianwood for your patient guidance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic