Cannot get new Phanton 2working.

Reaction score
Ok, new Phatom 2 arrived with zenmuse H3 2D. Screwed everything together, brand new batteries in remote. Fully charged battery for phantom, inserted it (indicates 4 green lights) Then switched it on. Some beeps and flashing light, then it continuesly keeps blinking both orange and green lights together. Then, when I turn on remote, with both small 2 upper switches to off and GPS (upwards) the phantom starts blinking green fast for a sec and then starts blinking the same again (both orange and green together). The power switch on remote is not green, and does not get green at all (only blinks red one time when turn on) I changed twice with new batteries. Same problem.
Any idea anyone?

have you gone to dji.com and downloaded the instruction manual? you need to do that and read it from cover to cover. first mistake you made was turning the phantom on before turning the controller on. controller first. then phantom. phantom gets turned off before the controller as well. Take a look in the manual and see if you can find your answer.

beeldlab said:
Ok, new Phatom 2 arrived with zenmuse H3 2D. Screwed everything together, brand new batteries in remote. Fully charged battery for phantom, inserted it (indicates 4 green lights) Then switched it on. Some beeps and flashing light, then it continuesly keeps blinking both orange and green lights together. Then, when I turn on remote, with both small 2 upper switches to off and GPS (upwards) the phantom starts blinking green fast for a sec and then starts blinking the same again (both orange and green together). The power switch on remote is not green, and does not get green at all (only blinks red one time when turn on) I changed twice with new batteries. Same problem.
Any idea anyone?

When everything else fails, read the manual and watch the videos. :D :D

rmklaw said:
beeldlab said:
Any idea anyone?

When everything else fails, read the manual and watch the videos. :D :D
I agree, but the videos that they direct to you to on page 5 of the manual have been removed. Who needs soap operas when we have DJI.

Go to Dronefly's Youtube page-all the video's are still there;
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGZ-ZJ-j8SQHXTJYtNYa9vw

To start the engines-you need to bring both control sticks down and inward at the same time. If that doesn't work, try both out, and down, or both left/right and down.....
Watch the videos before you ever fly. You will be far to busy trying to control the aircraft to even remember half of what you saw. Stay in GPS mode, and when all else fails-stop moving the right stick(center it), and gain some altitude. Once you're sorted things out, engage Home Lock, pull back on the right stick to bring the aircraft back(within 30 feet of you anyways), rotate the aircraft(yaw axis), so you can see the back(flashing light), and regain control.

There are dozen's of how too, and "new owner" threads.....just spend some time searching and reading ;)

Obviously I started with tutorials, search the net and checking the manual. After that I posted. Not sure what happened, but after 3 times doing same thing from start suddenly it worked. This is the maiden flight:
https://vimeo.com/85161124

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj