Cannot get live video feed on my phone

Reaction score
The camera on the dji phantom 2 vision, is not displaying the live feed on my phone, however, it does still take pictures and videos.
i am connected to the dji wifi, please help, i just got it today and it worked at first but now it doesnt.

A few things come to mind to trouble shot this without more info.

Make sure the camera setting isn't in burst mode. This could cause it to continually snap images and not be able to catch up enough to display the live view.

If its an older phone especially, but perhaps even a newer phone, try setting the preview quality to its lowest quality setting.

This may be more obvious but just in case you haven't already, make sure you have the latest version of the app.

this may not seem related, but make sure the memory card is formatted from within the vision camera and app.

Good luck, I hope something in there is useful, and welcome to the P2V club. you're going to love it, when you get the camera all sorted.

Rich

Hello,

I've got too yesterday my Phantom 2 Vision, and as Papa I cannot see the live feed on my iPhone or iPad. I've just do the firmware upgrade on Phantom board, Camera etc.. try to reset the wi-fi repeater etc..

I've check the configuration on DJI Vision App, switch many video configuration but without lucky. The video or picture are stored as well on micro-sd card and I can see or transfer to my mobile phone.

There some other tips to follow to push the live video on my iPhone?

Thank you,
Val.

Make sure you are both connected to the wifi extender and not directly to the camera. If you haven't done so already, delete and re install the app. It doesn't sound like its a binding issue, since you are both able to take pictures. The App is clearly talking to the camera, I just wonder is there is an issue with your range extender. Consider rebinding/resetting the extender to the camera, but only after you've familiarized yourself with the process completely, as some people have had some difficulties.

Good luck both,

Rich

:roll: There is one guide ALL new users should follow:

:geek: !!READ THE MANUAL!!

:oops: !READ THE MANUAL!!

:| !!READ THE MANUAL!!

Everything you need to know about getting started with the P2V is in the Users Manual. The P2V is new to you, so read the users manual to begin to get the most out of your P3V!!

Good luck and have FUN!
ChesterT

One thing that has caught me out more than once (well, twice to be fair to me) - is the switch on the back of the camera ALL the way over to the right? Give it a push to make sure. Probably not something so simple as you say you can still take photos, but didn't say if it was via the app or the camera manual shutter button. If it is shooting pictures via the app then ignore me, because my suggestion won't be the problem. Good luck.

This has happened to me twice with iPhone 5. Once I deleted and reinstalled the app, and everything worked for a while. The second time I went to the album page, viewed a picture, the went back to the camera, and everything started working again.

I've read several time the user manual and searching over internet for a solution. I've try with an iPhone or iPad both are on 7.0.4.

I can move the camera from iPhone UP and Down, take a snapshot or video from the Vision App. I format the Micro-sd card etc..

I've reset the repeater and bind again with QR-Code without any luck.

I've check the settings on iPhone like regional settings, because some time (i've found some app that doesn't work) don't work with italian regional.

I've connect my macbook to wifi network and try to ssh/www to 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 and reply. I cannot got into due I haven't the root password.

Of course, I've try to delete and reinstall the Vision App! I Think the problem was with Apple iOS, I need to try with an android mobile phone but I'vent one yet with me.

Reg.
Val.

ChesterT said:
:roll: There is one guide ALL new users should follow:

:geek: !!READ THE MANUAL!!

:oops: !READ THE MANUAL!!

:| !!READ THE MANUAL!!

Everything you need to know about getting started with the P2V is in the Users Manual. The P2V is new to you, so read the users manual to begin to get the most out of your P3V!!

Good luck and have FUN!
ChesterT

While I agree people need to fully ready the manuals I can't say that I completely agree with your post. If what you said was true then there would not be as much of a use for forums like this and a lot less questions. Also the "manual" itself has gone through several revisions itself. So clearly if "everything" you need to know could be found by reading the user manual then none of that would be the case. If everything we need to know is in the manual we would have far fewer questions and confused users. But nope that's sadly not the case and as important as it is to read through available documentation, don't discount the importance of additional information that can be provided by people with a lot of real world experience using the device and how they've overcome issues not addressed in the manual alone.

In any case could be any test to debug the video out from P2V before sending to dealer?

Could be a hardware problem like a disconnected pin or something else? I don't think that this issue is a software problem...

v.

The only easily accessible thing to check is to unplug the lead on the back of the camera unit and put it back in, making sure it clicks fully home. That lead then goes into the shell and attaches to the main board with a plug connector. If you want to open her up and check there's a how to video in my signature below. If both ends of the camera lead are attached ok and you've eliminated everything else to do with wifi, devices and apps then I think it's time to to send her back.

Pull_Up said:
The only easily accessible thing to check is to unplug the lead on the back of the camera unit and put it back in, making sure it clicks fully home. That lead then goes into the shell and attaches to the main board with a plug connector. If you want to open her up and check there's a how to video in my signature below. If both ends of the camera lead are attached ok and you've eliminated everything else to do with wifi, devices and apps then I think it's time to to send her back.

Hi,

Yes I've just try to unplug/plug the 3.5mm jack on camera. I'll try to open the shell and check the connection inside.

Otherwise... I agree It's time to send back!

Interesting that your camera tilts & works (can record pictures & videos) but won't display streaming video. Try going to Settings / Camera / Preview and selecting a lower bandwidth setting like 320x240 @15 Fps and see if it will stream a picture now.

iDrone

I have had my PV2 for just over 2 months without any steaming issues, yesterday I received my
replacement camera for the right hand side poor focus problem I had, bound the new camera,
and have experienced the same problem with full camera control, and a black screen for the
video stream, this happened twice.

Rebooted everything a couple of times, and all seems good again, but very odd it was the first time
it has ever happened. This is on a iPhone 5

Dave

iDrone said:
Interesting that your camera tilts & works (can record pictures & videos) but won't display streaming video. Try going to Settings / Camera / Preview and selecting a lower bandwidth setting like 320x240 @15 Fps and see if it will stream a picture now.

iDrone
+2
This is the single most important suggestion, since the phone or app can easily
get clogged up by trying to convert too much video data for display, and just
fail to produce a display.

The second is removing the lens cap!

You should have video before you take off, so do not wait until
you are flying to try and debug this issue.

Fly safely.

Tonight I'll try to get an Android to test with it.

So, I've another question about: The FC200 Camera have own SSID like FC200_xxxx and the repeater are Phantom_xxxx right?

I don't remember right now, but in the network discover I cannot see the FC200 SSID but only the repeater. I'll try to hack the repeater with my own access point and see if the the problem still remain.

Also, If was a apple iOS issue.. I think many custom have this kind of problem and not only few like me.

Val.

valentinop said:
...The FC200 Camera have own SSID like FC200_xxxx and the repeater are Phantom_xxxx right? ...in the network discover I cannot see the FC200 SSID but only the repeater.

Yes, but the camera's SSID is hidden, but should appear in the Vision app under Settings / General / Binding. Once you have it you should be able to manually enter it into any repeater/extender, etc.

iDrone

mitchsden said:
I have had my PV2 for just over 2 months without any steaming issues, yesterday I received my
replacement camera for the right hand side poor focus problem I had, bound the new camera,
and have experienced the same problem with full camera control, and a black screen for the
video stream, this happened twice.

Rebooted everything a couple of times, and all seems good again, but very odd it was the first time
it has ever happened. This is on a iPhone 5

Dave

Hmm .. interesting, did the same thing to me. Got a replacement camera due to poor RHS focus. Everything replaced nicely, rebind worked a treat from the QR code - even did a firmware upgrade just in case.

But nowt - no live feed at all. Could control the camera, record video or photos etc. But the Galaxy S3 showed nothing.

Hooked a Nexus 10 tablet to it and got a picture immediately. Thus guessed it was the phone app at fault somehow.

Whether it was coincidence or not, I cleared the Vision app's data and cache in the phone settings and all was well again. It did glitch one again a day later but exiting the app and restarting cleared it that time. Very odd indeed.

Mike

ps. the manual has nothing to say for this situation :)

So, should be a problem with HW revision like mine that it's new box with iOS Vision App.

I'm happy to know if with Android mine works or not, in case working I'll debug iOS but at this time I'vent any good starting point.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4