Cannot get iosd mini to work - SOLVED

Reaction score
OK, been about a week now and I cannot figure this out. I have a ImmersionRC 5.8Ghz Audio/Video Transmitter on the Phantom 2 and I'm using a Black Pearl monitor. I do get a video signal, but to be honest it does flicker in and out. I'm new to this whole FPV thing so I'm not sure if that's normal or not. That being said, I do get a signal and I can view it. When I add in the iosd mini. I get nothing. A friend who has dealt with stuff like this more than me, added a jumper type thing to the wiring so I can have the FPV that I have now. I really want to add in the iosd min, but when I do, I get nothing. Problem seems to be with the iosd mini. I even bought a new one. The one problem I have is that the software for the iosd mini seems to be PC only and I have a mac. Do I need to do something to the mini to get it to work. Run some software? If so, what software and how do I so that with a mac? I'm pretty sure it's wired up fine as I do get FPV, just not when the mini is added in. I would really like to get to the bottom of this issue so any help would be appreciated. Here's a few photos of my set-up. I can send photos of the inside wiring if needed. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1793.jpg
    IMG_1793.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_1791.jpg
    IMG_1791.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_1792.jpg
    IMG_1792.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 509
Re: Cannot get iosd mini to work

Can you diagram your wiring? If you are feeding video in and nothing is coming out it may be wired wrong, faulty, or defective. My first iOSD Mini was defective and while I had video it had no data showing on the display.
As far as updating it you must use a PC or run a version of windows via parallels, boot camp or fusion on your Mac. I am a Mac only person so I feel your pain. That being said I did not update my replacement as everything worked well right out of the package. If you need to update it there is a driver that must be installed first, then the iOSD assistant.

LuvMyTJ said:
Can you diagram your wiring? If you are feeding video in and nothing is coming out it may be wired wrong, faulty, or defective. My first iOSD Mini was defective and while I had video it had no data showing on the display.
As far as updating it you must use a PC or run a version of windows via parallels, boot camp or fusion on your Mac. I am a Mac only person so I feel your pain. That being said I did not update my replacement as everything worked well right out of the package. If you need to update it there is a driver that must be installed first, then the iOSD assistant.

+1 And it'll help us a lot to see the full wiring of the FPV video chain.

Also, it looks like you're using a receiver antenna on the Immersion vTx. The cloverleaf antennae like the ones you have are designed for Tx or Rx, and you'll get sub-optimal performance if you use them on the wrong end of the transmission. That's probably not the cause of lost video when you add the iOSD though.

Also, which version of the Black Pearl do you have? There's two, and only one of them is tuned perfectly with the Immersion Tx channels. If you're not sure, take a close-up pic of one of the antenna mount connectors (or the connector on the antenna itself) and we can tell from that.

I will post wiring photos very shortly. Thanks for responding. Very much appreciated to get some help on this :)

Let me know if you need better photos. Like I said before, using the jumper I can get FPV. When I plug the end of the cable with the jumper into the iosd mini (removing jumper wire) I get nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_1796.jpg
    IMG_1796.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_1797.jpg
    IMG_1797.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_1798.jpg
    IMG_1798.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 536

So you have video feed at least when that jumper is in place, but not when that plug is connected (without the jumper) in to the iOSD mini? If that's the case, it does look like your iOSD may be bad. Double-check to make sure it's connected fully to the canbus port on the leg, and that the grey wire coming from that up the leg in to the shell is firmly plugged in to its port on the mainboard.

Also, it looks like your friend only jumped the video pins, and not the ground pins...jumping those as well might improve your video quality even without the iOSD connected.

2 more photos. Might be better view of the wires.

Attachments

• IMG_1800.jpg
    IMG_1800.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_1801.jpg
    IMG_1801.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 442

I bought a new iosd mini and I will try it with that connected. The light flashes green on the old mini, but no joy. Maybe the new one will be fine.

Cool, let us know what happens! From the pics you provided, the wiring all looks correct, and the fact that it works without the iOSD mini connected seems to support that conclusion.

OK, I plugged in the new mini and it works!! Woo Hoo. Now, how do I go about getting some of the GoPro stuff off the screen as it covers up some OSD stuff?

Attachments

• IMG_1802.JPG
    IMG_1802.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 444

It's a setting within the GoPro itself (OSD or On-Screen-Display).

You can adjust the iOSD layout position with the iOSD Assistant Software. You can also disable the gopro OSD overlay on the gopro itself.

Glad to see you have it sorted out. Go into the GoPro settings and turn of the OSD (on screen display)
Steps --- turn on GoPro > wrench > setup > OSD > OFF

Great!! Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated. Here's 2 from the other day.

Attachments

• Penobscot Narrows Bridge 10097.jpg
    Penobscot Narrows Bridge 10097.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 336
  • Fort Knox 30256.jpg
    Fort Knox 30256.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 298

Nice work. Love the b&w perspective.

TIP: Please keep your photos limited to 600 pixels wide to prevent the thread from running off the side.

I have the same problem! I'm using the DJI FPV Hub. When I switch the hub to video, everything works fine, but when I switch to IOSD, the screen goes all black. The green light is flashing on the mini, but the instructions say it should be solid unless there is data transfer, which I'm assuming means when the usb is hooked up?

Jimmy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20