Cannot get drone off the ground

I couldn't get the motors to start until I updated the firmware. Your experience must be different from mine...

Very different. Have never updated the FW. Never had this issue.

Firmware updates and DJI registration are totally different

I'm on 1.3.2. Flies great. No hassles.

Not sure if it was mandatory but.... my motors would not start nor would the icm calibrate until I downloaded the FW. Not trying to argue my point this is just my experience...

I had to update, or seemed like load the firmware onto the drone, since it wouldn't do anything when it came.

Both my Phantoms (P3A and P3P) would not do anything. However I found that all you must do is register it with the GO app. I have NEVER upgraded the FW on either (though I tried like hell on the P3A before sending it back for a defective gimbal). Both flew out of the box after registering. The P3P is happily flying with 1.1.9 FW exactly as it was when picked up from Best Buy.

Have the P3 4k. It is a different beast then the Advanced and Professional versions....

Lots of people confuse the advisory note that firmware updates are available and believe it is compulsory.
Did you have to update?
What made you sure that it was mandatory?
I did. The banner that comes on top of the screen says "firmware update required". For probably 2 updates after that, even though there was nothing wrong, I updated, because it was "required". It was only after I got on here and asked some questions, that I learned it's not required, but the app doesn't tell you that. I am currently trying to downgrade apps, but I don't know if there's even a way to go backwards.

I don't think anybody was been able to down grade a P3S

Thats the conclusion I'm coming to. I'd like to go back to 1.1.9 I believe, but no luck.
Are you trying to put the firmware on the SD card?

Thats the conclusion I'm coming to. I'd like to go back to 1.1.9 I believe, but no luck.
There's nothing magic or special about 1.1.9.
1.1.9 had a horrible wavy horizon fault and going back to that isn't going to make things any better than several of the versions that came after it.

Are you trying to put the firmware on the SD card?
I've entertained putting it on the sd, downloading it to my pc, then transferring it to my phone and tablet, anything that will work. Meta4 seemed to think 1.1.9 had bad video problems, but I flew with no video probs, no problems at all, and then I updated. I am still in the air, but experience tablet/phone hookup problems, intermittent compass problems, various gimbal overload warnings that apparently don't amount to anything, etc. I would just like to go back to 1.1.9. I just bought a tablet, downloaded the app 7 days ago, and now it says I require an update to 1.3.5.
Frankly I wont do that one, but now I wonder which one I do have. I thought it was up to 1.6.? already.

Meta4 seemed to think 1.1.9 had bad video problems, but I flew with no video probs, no problems at all
1.1.9 had a horrible curved horizon which was fixed in the folllowing firmware updates.
I just bought a tablet, downloaded the app 7 days ago, and now it says I require an update to 1.3.5.
Frankly I wont do that one, but now I wonder which one I do have. I thought it was up to 1.6.? already.
Don't be afraid of 1.3.5 or 1.4.1, they are fine and 1.4.1 brings some useful new features and 2.7K video.
This is how you tell what version you have.
i-bW2PvLd-L.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4