Cannot enter camera view

Reaction score
I have had my phantom 3 professional for roughly 6 months and relatively no problems. Got the bird out this weekend to fly and cannot connect to the DJI go app on an iPad 3 mini. Tried 2 other iPhones, 6+ and iPhone 6, and iPhone 5S and still no luck. Have tried updating firmware on the quad copter and looks like successful. It appears the remote will not update when I plug in USB flash card reader, lights do not change colors. The remote is connecting to the aircraft and will fly, just can't enter camera view on the app. Any help is much appreciated? Thank you. Carl.

Try reinstalling DJI GO.

I have had my phantom 3 professional for roughly 6 months and relatively no problems. Got the bird out this weekend to fly and cannot connect to the DJI go app on an iPad 3 mini. Tried 2 other iPhones, 6+ and iPhone 6, and iPhone 5S and still no luck. Have tried updating firmware on the quad copter and looks like successful. It appears the remote will not update when I plug in USB flash card reader, lights do not change colors. The remote is connecting to the aircraft and will fly, just can't enter camera view on the app. Any help is much appreciated? Thank you. Carl.
Certainly do as @msinger noted above.
With regards to your comment about updating the RC with a USB flash card reader - that is now done via the app and no longer done with a USB card reader inserted in the RC. You will see this once you have updated the app as noted.

That's the problem, I never get a chance to enter camera view in order to update firmware via the app. I have deleted the app and re-downloaded, screen just says "how to connect" and never gives me an enter camera view. I have even erased and reset the iPad mini 3 and re-downloaded the app. It's almost like the remote doesn't recognize anything being plugged into the USB port. anyone know of a way to reset the remote control where I can reinstall firmware from the beginning?

Try a different USB cable.

tried 3 different cables, no luck. The app never says anything other than "how to connect", and never gives me a chance to enter camera view.

Did you install 1.3.2 on your remote controller? If not, you'll need to do that before attempting to upgrade to the latest firmware release. If needed, you can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Make sure you're logged in to your DJI account in the GO app. You can't connect if you're not logged in. It's the account you created when the Phantom was new and you had to register it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I previously updated remote controller firmware couple months ago, no problem. Have used it with the app since then, but have tried to upgrade firmware again in the last couple of days. Can't get the remote to connect to the go app. I have logged in, still no luck. Still just says how to connect, never lets me enter camera view.

Just a little thing to try, choose the Inspire as the bird. Then reselect your phantom. I think I did this once and it helped.

anybody else got solutions, I've tried everything and can't get GO app to connect to remote. Not sure how one would ever update firmware without the app connecting.

Maybe the USB port crapped out. Maybe try removing the module to see if all the ribbon cables are still connected. If that doesn't work you may need to send the radio to DJI. Have you tried contacting DJI support?

Just thought if something else. When I plug my iPhone 6s Plus into the radio it makes that connection noise. Does your iPad do that? If it doesn't then there is something definitely wrong with the USB port.

Last edited:
Just thought if something else. When I plug my iPhone 6s Plus into the radio it makes that connection noise. Does your iPad do that? If it doesn't then there is something definitely wrong with the USB port.

Same problem for me. Flew of 12/15 and everything was fine. Tried to fly on 12/19 and no camera connection. There was a DJI Go App update about then as I noticed the App changed for selecting the type of aircraft (from separate views to one page with separate selections for the Pro, Advanced, etc. I contacted customer support which advised to delete then reinstall Go App as the solution, but that didn't work. Seems to me its a Firm Ware problem with the updated Go App given that's the only change. Won't be flying until this gets resolved. I hope the tech engineers at DJI follow this thread so the problem is recognized and can be fixed.

Seasons Greetings.
Gary

I have tried probably 50 different solutions on various websites including DJI. I can fly line of sight just fine, no problem with transmitter or the bird except will not connect to any type of viewer. Have tried iPad, iPad mini, Lenovo tablet, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+, and no luck. I think it has to do with the app and a firmware update. But without the app, can't update the firmware and can't connect to the app to update the firmware. Trying to go with USB direct to remote and daisychained to the aircraft will not work for reinstall of firmware either. No reply from DJI support For couple of days..

Carl, I just updated the DJI GO app on one of my iPads and when I tried to connect it to my P3P I had the same problem. My iPhone 6+ connects okay but not my iPad. The way I fixed it was:
1) sync your flights with DJI
2) delete the app
3) do a "hard reset" of your iPhone or iPad. (Hold the home button and the power button down until the apple logo appears)
4) download the app again
5) login with your DJI credentials
6) try connecting again.

These steps worked for me and now both my devices work with all the latest updates. If you tried all this already and it didn't work, sorry I'm out of ideas. DJI will be your only hope at this point.

Appreciate the info, on your #1... How do I "sync your flights with DJI"? I always login on the app, but never get any flight data since the problem started. Shows my profile name but the rest of the info is empty. Just thought about it, it did show flight data the 1st time I brought up the app and logged in and shortly after that is when the problem happened. Shows No flight data since then.

Again, thanks for the try!

This just happened on my Android phone. The issue was that I told it to always open the dji app when I plugged in the usb cable. Once I set that action as default, it stopped working. What I did to resolve it was I went into my list of applications, found the dji app, and clicked on "clear defaults". After that, it worked fine again.

I don't know if that all works the same on Apple devices, but it would explain why a hard reset would fix it as it would essentially do the same thing.

Appreciate the info, on your #1... How do I "sync your flights with DJI"? I always login on the app, but never get any flight data since the problem started. Shows my profile name but the rest of the info is empty. Just thought about it, it did show flight data the 1st time I brought up the app and logged in and shortly after that is when the problem happened. Shows No flight data since then.

Again, thanks for the try!
To sync the flight data, click the little cloud icon in the upper right corner of the flight record screen that's shows no flights, as you stated.

Reactions: RCPILOT
You need to go in to your setting and open the developer menu (YouTube it) make sure debugg is on. When you plug in the phone to the charger you will see a option pop up on the phone for the usb charging click that and change it to send images...this had me confused for days and dji was no help..merry Christmas.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj