Cannot delete files from SD Card

Reaction score
Was trying out my Phantom after the latest update and it seems to fly well, still get the altitude drop when stopping but it seems to be SOP now.

The problem I have is I cannot delete the images and video from the SD card using my computer. I usually just cut them and then past them and that deletes them from the card but now it will only allow me to Copy them, any ideas on this? If I format the card will I lose the file for updating the batteries, is that stored on the SD card?

The update info is in the battery. When you open GO do not go to camera and wait a minute or 2 and if you need a update you will get a notification. I format my card every time after I transfered my media in my computer, do a quick format a full format may give you a card not formated in the bird. Do a card format from GO as this may correct any issues with your card, it's in the camera settings.

Thanks. I have 6 batteries and have only updated 3 as that is all I'm using right now. Didn't want to lose the update for the other 3 if it was stored on the card.

Was trying out my Phantom after the latest update and it seems to fly well, still get the altitude drop when stopping but it seems to be SOP now.

The problem I have is I cannot delete the images and video from the SD card using my computer. I usually just cut them and then past them and that deletes them from the card but now it will only allow me to Copy them, any ideas on this? If I format the card will I lose the file for updating the batteries, is that stored on the SD card?
If you are using a microSD-SD card adapter, maybe you have the locking latch in the lock position preventing deleting files?

It's just an adapter for the microSD card to plug into the USB port, no option for locking but no matter how many times I try I cannot delete them, strange.

I would update all now, I have 4 batteries and after the last update one battey was not updated(my fault) Then I took off went far and as I was about to land I got a critical battery voltage warning and the bird was going to autoland! The battery was 50% and this autoland out in the bush could have happened. This was a mistake I will not do again. I landed safely so please update all your batteries as you may forget and take off.

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll update all my other batteries and then format my SD card.

Reactions: m0j0

You can use DJI go app to reformat SD card.

You can again copy bin file on the sd card if you need more batteries FW to be updated.

You can use DJI go app to reformat SD card.

You can again copy bin file on the sd card if you need more batteries FW to be updated.

Sorry for my ignorance but it's my first drone and battery updates. I can just copy the .bin file onto my computer, reformat and then put the .bin file back on for further battery updates?

It's just an adapter for the microSD card to plug into the USB port, no option for locking but no matter how many times I try I cannot delete them, strange.

Are you sure? Your particular adapter might very well not have a lock... But all the ones I've ever seen do. (I've collected about a dozen over the years :)

The write locking mechanism a small tab on one side of the adapter. See image below. Up is open, down is locked. If yours is down, then you won't be able to delete files. That's what it's there for. To prevent accidental deletion of the card.

adapter.jpg

Thanks for that but mine is a USB type, the microSD card goes in one end and then plug in to the USB port, it looks just like a USB storage device, no locking mechanism.

Thanks for that but mine is a USB type, the microSD card goes in one end and then plug in to the USB port, it looks just like a USB storage device, no locking mechanism.
He means there is no SD card adapter in the equation:
lexar-microsd-usb-adapter-645x356.jpg

Sorry for my ignorance but it's my first drone and battery updates. I can just copy the .bin file onto my computer, reformat and then put the .bin file back on for further battery updates?
Are we even talking about a P4 here? There is no bin file to be placed on a SD card for P4. Must be a P3A Or P3P.

I have has similar issues my computer wouldn't allow me to reformat the card. After digging deep I noticed that there was an app on my computer (Dropbox) running in the background. I forced used all background apps and was than able to format the disk.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry, alokbhargava mentioned a bin file so I assumed there was one on the card, I am new to all of this. Yes, I do have a Phantom 4, it's just my lack of experience is causing confusion. I just want to reformat my SD card but was worried about being able to update my other batteries. If the SD card plays no part in it then I'll just format the SD card and then update my batteries later.

Thanks for the help.

Sorry, alokbhargava mentioned a bin file so I assumed there was one on the card, I am new to all of this. Yes, I do have a Phantom 4, it's just my lack of experience is causing confusion. I just want to reformat my SD card but was worried about being able to update my other batteries. If the SD card plays no part in it then I'll just format the SD card and then update my batteries later.

Thanks for the help.
Well, it does need to be done before you format it or you lose the info to update the batteries I think. Why can't you just stick them in, takes only a second or two, then format from the bird and try it.
I have like 5-6 16gb and one 32 and one new 64gb (free Best Buy points, was $25) and I have to say I love the bigger card, I never fill it, has like 45 minutes of record on 4K, Mayen even more.

I finished updating all of my batteries without issue and then used the Phantom to format the SD card and it worked fine.

Thanks everyone.

Reactions: Sim597
I finished updating all of my batteries without issue and then used the Phantom to format the SD card and it worked fine.

Thanks everyone.
Exactly what you should have done, you did, nice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1