Cannot convert post-DJIfix H264 file to MP4

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know this issue has been discussed in various threads, but my searches do not yield a solution to my particular problem. Like many others, I corrupted my .mp4 file switching my P3A off without stopping the recording.

DJIfix.exe was able to convert the file into a viewable .h264 format, but no conversion software has been able to transcode the file into .mp4. I have tried Miro and Handbrake, and also tried the convert option in VLC itself (which results in a crash). I suspect that the .h264 file is itself corrupted but don't really have anything to go on. If anyone has any tips for me, please let me know!

I have upgraded the my application again with some enhancements to speed the process. Also, now it can convert .h264 files resulted from other applications and convert them to mov files please download new version 3.0 from FIX-DJI.zip
(it works only in Windows XP and up! (sorry no Mac))

Reactions: BigAl07
Try MP4BOX GUI.

If you have a file that is .h264 it is not in an mp4 container.

Put that file in MP4BOX and mux it. The same file will come out in MP4 container.
As long as the file is not corrupt this will work.

I had this problem too. You must convert the corrupt file with the adequate resolution and FPS using djifix.exe. When this is done you can convert h264 to mp4 with VLC. Hope that help.

More updates on my app, now it can produce mp4 files (instead of mov) at the end of the process if you choose to, also it convert .h264 files resulted from other applications and convert them to mov and mp4 files please download new version 3.5 from FIX-DJI.zip
(it works only in Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and up! (sorry no Mac, yet))

I have noticed that previous versions of my app worked better for some videos. After some reasearch I have concluded that the main application Slydiman recover_mp4_to_h264.exe worked better at version 1.19 than version 1.44 does for DJI videos.
I had upgraded to 1.44 but now I went back to 1.19.
That allows my recently app (version 4.0) to work on videos not recoverable before.

The version 4.0 of my app have added functionality from Mediainfo.dll in order to know when the video is playable or not and to report important specs of a video like Frame Rate and Size.

Also it seams to work better at handling responses from the recover_mp4_to_h264.exe main console.

There is another functionality added like when you don't have a good similar video to take the specs from. In that case you can choose specs from a dropdown box and process the corrupted video.
here is 4.0 FIX-DJI.zip

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj