cannot connect controller/phantom to PC

Reaction score
neither remote or controller will connect to my PC?
am i missing something?
made an account. registered product. installed. un-installed.re-installed. un-installed. re-installed. the assistant software.
i am logged in. i get nothing everytime.
help, having derp moment :?:

You have to also download the " PC Driver "
This allows communication between phantom and
PC!

Hope this helps,

Take care, fly safe!

ok i have installed reinstalled everything including the driver and still nothing. have done it on my desktop win8 and laptop win7. nothing. ugh

Try this. Connect usb cable between your PC and the small port behind the rubber flap on the front of your phantom. Launch the PC assistant and click skip to access the UI. Power on your phantom and the controller (not connected to anything). Behold the magic.

Are you using the cable supplied with the phantom to connect the aircraft to the pc ??

i am using the cable. im usually good with electronics and computers. but this is really got me wondering

If you don't get an audible beep when the phantom is plugged to the PC and powered up, the driver isn't working.

Download a program called CCleaner (Crap Cleaner), remove the driver, use CCleaner to scrub the artifacts from the registry and try again on the driver install.

If you do get the beep, but there is no communication, you can uninstall assistant, scrub registry with CCleaner and reinstall.

The phantom has to be powered up when the cable from it is connected to the computer. The driver can recognize it if the power is applied after connecting the USB cable, but there has to be power (just power - no motor start) on the Phantom before the driver will see it.

If that does not work, I would try another computer or turn to your dealer for help.

There is a seldom referenced "reset" for the NAZA that involves removing the top of the shell and using a servo cable from F1 to F2 and power cycle the battery. I don't know if it would do any good, and would seek help from someone who has used that procedure with success before attempting.

I am not familiar with Win 8, but those procedures are good up to Win 7.

I had trouble getting the MC to connect at first as well. I finally was advised by users here to try turning the phantom on first, then connect USB, then launch the software. That order of operations worked. Keep in mind, the "controller" is not the handset but rather the copter's brain. I understand the handset is commonly referred to as the "transmitter". For some of the calibrations, you will want to turn on the transmitter first, then MC, then plug in USB from the MC, then launch the assistant.

well i give up. registry cleaned, re-installed everything numerous times. im still not getting
anything, the computer doesnt pick up the transmitter or the phantom itself. not really sure what is going on.
i thank everyone for the advice, but i give up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20