Cannot Change the name on a P4!

Reaction score
Hey guys

Well, I brought a P4 off of a friend from work, he brought it then decided he wanted better

I have just had the most frustrating online chat on the planet with "Kristell" at DJI who tells me that although I will be able to fly the P4 from the GO APP, I will never be able to change its name, and it will never be "MINE" as such as its already been registered

Has anyone ever had this and found a way around it?

People sell on their DJI Items all the time to upgrade to bigger and better and I cannot believe this is a DJI policy that as a new owner, you cant register it in your name

I had intended to purchase the Care Package, but not anymore! What if something happens, and they then say "Sorry your not the registered owner!" what then?

NOT impressed at all I have to say!

Attachments

• screen_DJI.png
    screen_DJI.png
    164.7 KB · Views: 364
You will not be able to register the Phantom again, but you can change the name in the "General Settings" of DJI GO. This feature is only available in the iOS version of DJI GO. If you don't own an Apple device, then borrow a friend's mobile device, install DJI GO, and change the name.

DJI-GO-Change-Device-Name.jpg

Reactions: Pepperami
I saw this and thank you for posting it for others, but the fundamental problem remains, you will NEVER be able to register something you have purchased legitimately as your own, EVER, that mate to be fair is utter *oll*cks

Also, as this is registered under your email, what if you have your email address changed? Some of us in the UK were forced to have a new email when Virgin Media took over our local provider, so we lost our old email addresses, what happens then?

There should be a system in place (How hard can it be DJI GUYS! You designed one of the best friggin drones on the planet FFS!) where you have a log in portal, and its assigned to you, and you alone, and from there as the ORIGINAL owner, you can go in, and change the registration details to the NEW owner, only the ORIGINAL owner can do it, making it a failsafe way (incase your drones stolen) that you officially change the details

Seriously? How hard can it be!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj