Cannot Bind RC

Reaction score
Hi there,

I had an aircraft accident and I needed to repair the gimbal. In the meantime I paired the remote control with another P3S.

The aircraft is already fixed.

When I turn it on, the gimbal makes the usual spin, the double bip sounds, the arms LEDs are blinking yellow and the pairing LED light is RED.

If I press the Pairing Led it changes Blinking Red, but never turn green while triying to bind the RC and the aircraft has never obey the RC.

I have been reading many forums and manuals but so far anything has worked (through the DJI GO APP, turning on the RC while keeping the gimbal wheel down and moving up and down the S2…) therefore I ask for your knowledge hoping someone can help.

Thanks

Thank you Rod.

I had already tried the method mentioned on that thread (the one turning down the gimbal wheel and moving S2 up and down) but I did not get anything.

The only thing I can imagine is that the firmware is not the same, but how can I check/fix this?

Thanks for your time

Welcome to the forum!.

I don't think you can, surprised nobody had replied to you yet.

Here is couple kind of similar, you may have something still wrong.

Standard - Phantom three standard won't link to remote

No signal after update

Rod[/QUO

I just don't think it is firmware, I still think its a problem with your repair. I will be back tomorrow, still surprised some others haven't tried to help.

Rod

Hi Rod,
I don't think there is any problem, but I would be happy to check everything. I think i cannot check the firmware of the aircraft without access to the it through app. In case there is anyway, please share. Any advice is welcome.

thanks

There was another thread, it was kind of the same thing. Maybe I can find it.

Last edited:
Hi again,

after all this time I got a new ribbon cable and changed for the old one. The idea was to make sure the problem was not because of the wire.

Once the wire was changed, the gimbal had green light and was moving perfectly, I tried to rebind the aircraft again (manual and DJI method) still no success.

I will try to downgrade the firmware of the aircraft (I don't know how to check the firmware of the RC though), in case they have different firmware version (RC and aircraft).

Any other suggestion will be super welcome.

Thanks

Hi. I have had an issue from day one with my Standard. The Remote and aircraft won't link. I turn on the bird first and let it warm up for about 5 minutes. I then turn the bird off. Turn on the bird and remote at the same time and 9 times out of ten they link. Don't know if this is normal but it works for me. Bit of a pain sometimes when you need to be up flying quickly.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi again,

after all this time I got a new ribbon cable and changed for the old one. The idea was to make sure the problem was not because of the wire.

Once the wire was changed, the gimbal had green light and was moving perfectly, I tried to rebind the aircraft again (manual and DJI method) still no success.

I will try to downgrade the firmware of the aircraft (I don't know how to check the firmware of the RC though), in case they have different firmware version (RC and aircraft).

Any other suggestion will be super welcome.

Thanks
I see you haven't been back.
I was pretty sure like over a year ago you could see the firmware of the remote on a Standard, I may be confused, but it hasn't been there for along time.

Rod

Hi. I have had an issue from day one with my Standard. The Remote and aircraft won't link. I turn on the bird first and let it warm up for about 5 minutes. I then turn the bird off. Turn on the bird and remote at the same time and 9 times out of ten they link. Don't know if this is normal but it works for me. Bit of a pain sometimes when you need to be up flying quickly.

Yours, is a little different, he can't get a link at all.

So when yours fails, what do you do?
Do you do the re-linking procedure, or do you just turn everything off and back on?

Rod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav