Cannot arm motors on Phantom v1.1.1

Reaction score
Hi there,

I’ve been trying to help my father with his new Phantom v1.1.1 but we’re having an issue with motor arming.

The Phantom has been upgraded to the latest firmware.

We’ve gone through all the calibration procedures (including advanced IMU calibration multiple times), today we reset everything to default values and recalibrated again, we’ve tested the motors via the Assistant software and calibrated the tx and everything appears good.

(one odd thing is that we frequently get motor controller temperature warnings when starting the advanced calibration but it seems to work when retrying).

The compass calibration seems to work OK and the startup sequence looks normal, but no matter what we try the motors won’t arm, when moving the tx sticks to the arming position we get a sequence of brief rapid green flashes (or yellow in attitude mode).

I’ve uploaded a video to youtube showing the whole startup and arming sequence in the hope that someone can spot something, note the props are off in this video because we had just been playing with it inside but it makes no difference with them on.

The video is http://youtu.be/_W0ILZ0oPx0

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Bruce

the quick double blinks just means that the sticks aren't centered, so that's ok.

In the NAZA Assistant, can you verify that the sticks are all moving to the furthest most positions when you're trying to arm the motors?

the quick double blinks just means that the sticks aren't centered, so that's ok.

That's good to know.. thanks! :)

In the NAZA Assistant, can you verify that the sticks are all moving to the furthest most positions when you're trying to arm the motors?

When the sticks are brought to the bottom center position, throttle and elevator both read -1000 (maximum negative extents on the sliders)

barees63 said:
When the sticks are brought to the bottom center position, throttle and elevator both read -1000 (maximum negative extents on the sliders)

And rudder and aileron also drop to -1000 or +1000?
takes all 4 of them to max/min out in order to arm the motors (can't really tell in your video)

hmmm.. I don't have it in front of me at the moment but my dad says when the sticks are both pulled down and then into the center (so left stick is bottom-right and right stick is bottom-left) only the throttle and elevator sliders moved, the aileron and rudder sliders remain centered in the app.. The aileron and rudder sliders do move when the sticks are vertically centered and moved horizontally if that makes sense.

Do you think we have somehow setup the sticks incorrectly?

OK, I'm sorry.. I put you wrong there, I have just got him to recheck it and in fact all sticks are moving to their maximum extent in the arming position, but.. while the throttle, elevator and rudder have a range of +/- 1000, the aileron is +/- 750

so with the sticks bottom/center we have throttle -1000, elevator -1000, rudder +1000 and aileron -750

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj