cannot access camera MENU in the app

Reaction score
Hi. Recently I had a problem with camera in Phantom 3 pro. I couldnt set the camera into photo mode - I could only record movies. Each time I tried to set photo shutting instead of movie - the camera was turning off and the screen turns black with a cross and dji icon in the middle..
So I decided to reinstall the firmware - I copied the instalation .bin file on SD card, put it inside aircraft, turn on - and it didnt worked - I guess - because it was not beeping. I also tried to push the button next to the led on the left of the aircraft while turning it on - to force reinstalation - but it didnt work and instalation didnt start.

The problem is that now its even worst, because I cannot access MENU in the app at all..
MENU and other camera options are grey..
Screenshot_2017-05-25-18-12-19.png

You may have to re link or re bind the air craft to the controller as that is what the button on the side of the aircraft is for.
In the app settings go to link controller. Tap the start, you will hear the count down. at this time push the link button on the aircraft for 5 seconds, then release.
As for the Photo issue, I would try to reformat or try new SD card. Just to factor that out.
Good Luck ,,, DM

Last edited:
Reactions: Technical Bob
I just experienced the same issue and have the same screen shot as above. Menu at the right side is grey out and I can't access it.

Changed SD card does not work. DJI app reads the SD card as 0MB when it should be 64MB. Tried to upload firmware, but it can't even recognize any SDcard.
So I am lost what to do. Controls are fine. Just as per the screenshot above.

Any help is appreciated!

I just experienced the same issue and have the same screen shot as above. Menu at the right side is grey out and I can't access it.

Changed SD card does not work. DJI app reads the SD card as 0MB when it should be 64MB. Tried to upload firmware, but it can't even recognize any SDcard.
So I am lost what to do. Controls are fine. Just as per the screenshot above.

Any help is appreciated!
Maybe you can check all connectors and wiring between the P3 and its gimbal.
On mine I replaced the plate supporting the gimbal with a carbon fiber one and during the disassembly I found one of the wire of the cable shown bellow damaged as it was in between the shell and the plate and they bolted the plate this way. On the long term there was a risk that the wire broke.
Just an idea.

DSC_1392.JPG

DSC_1401a.jpg

Thanks! Tried that, but wires are ok.

I found that it was intermittent. Sometimes I see the Camera image, sometimes I don't. Could be an app issue.

Did you tried a new device with Go app freshly installed?
The OP said that he can do video but not picture, is it same for you?

When I get the screen shot, similar to the OP, I can control the Gimbal, fly the drone as per normal. The SD card space is read as 0MB and there is no option to reformat it.

I have been trying different phones and sometimes it works, but when I re-power the drone, I get back the same OP image.

Then I played with the battery, slapping it in hard and wiggle it. And I notice that the small tiny LED light above the Gimbal (the green or red light that flashes when updating firmware) is what I should pay attention. Whenever that LED green light is on, I get the camera view. Whenever I power it on and the green LED light does not appear (no other light), I get the no camera view.

So I really don't know what is wrong and which aspect of the battery connection that affects it. Cos the drone communicates fine with the RC, and it is only the camera view that has behavioral problems.

Problem seems to be related to the gimbal. Did you tried another uSD card?

If I remove my SD card, I get also RED blinking LED in front of gimbal and the display in the GO app looks as the OP screenshoot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen