cannibalizing a P2V+

Reaction score
Ok here we go, some of you seen in my other post I have a P2V+ that crashed and toasted the camera. I was wondering if I can take the Naza out of it and use it in a dji f550 flamewheel? And if so what else can I its out of it for the flamewheel? I'm just going to get another P2V+ to replace the one I crashed and I'm thinking I can save some money on getting into the F550. And also what contoller would I need for the F550, mabee Use the P2V+ controller? :) Come on guys give all the info.

Yes, you can use the Phantom Naza/mainboard/GPS/compass with another quad. Just keep in mind that the Phantom Assistant doesn't let you customize as much as the Naza Assistant.
Value-wise, you'll go further by selling the Phantom parts and then getting a Naza Lite kit and upgrading it to Naza V2 (see naza-upgrade.com), then building with that.

The hardware of the Naza M and Naza Lite are the same. The firmware on the Lite is locked down at an older version and the CAN bus features are removed
(no H3-3D control, no iOSD). There are some oddities about the way it flies, which is why people wanted the upgrade. With the Naza M upgrade, it has all
features and flies fine.

The differences between the Phantom II Naza and the Naza M are:
- Phantom requires smart batteries (Naza M doesn't)
- Phantom can control ESC LEDs (Naza M only controls LED at USB port)
- Phantom can control Vision gimbal via wifi/app commands (Naza M can control via transmitter dial only)
- Naza M has more configuration options via Assistant for copter type and configuration.

So getting the lite for $100 less and then upgrading the naza lite for free and ill have the same as the naza m?

jerbou71 said:
Ok here we go, some of you seen in my other post I have a P2V+ that crashed and toasted the camera. I was wondering if I can take the Naza out of it and use it in a dji f550 flamewheel? And if so what else can I its out of it for the flamewheel? I'm just going to get another P2V+ to replace the one I crashed and I'm thinking I can save some money on getting into the F550. And also what contoller would I need for the F550, mabee Use the P2V+ controller? :) Come on guys give all the info.

How do you know the camera cannot be repaired? I have repaired literally countless gimbals now. The highest a repair has gone it $260. If it cant be repaired it runs $400-450 for a new camera when I have them in stock.

Jeremy

The chepest P2+ camera I found was $670. But yea i need to try and get this camera fixed. I just want to also build a bird myself so I get to know whats in them better.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4