Cannibalize P3 innards for other quad project?

Reaction score
Any of you techie's out there ever cannibalize a P3 and use the innards for another flying platform?

I love the interface/downlink of the DJI GO and other apps and would like to take the innards of a P3 and adapt them to another bird.

I would not use the Phantom ESC's just the innards and gimbal/camera, use the ESC inputs to larger ESC's and larger motors.

Do you think the main board would communicate properly to another brand ESC?

There is some gain adjustment control on the GO app.... is there hope for such a project?

Any of you techie's out there ever cannibalize a P3 and use the innards for another flying platform?

I love the interface/downlink of the DJI GO and other apps and would like to take the innards of a P3 and adapt them to another bird.

I would not use the Phantom ESC's just the innards and gimbal/camera, use the ESC inputs to larger ESC's and larger motors.

Do you think the main board would communicate properly to another brand ESC?

There is some gain adjustment control on the GO app.... is there hope for such a project?
I have no idea, but I'd love to see the result!

It is better for you to buy the DJI lightbridge system for that reason against to use the electronics from a p3.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I wonder if DJI would have anything to say about it...
I don't think they would care.... but maybe they would see the sense in making downlink/flight control combo modules to pop into other multirotors. FPV racing is getting more popular and they would kill it with an HD system you could pop into any chassis...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan