Cancelling auto land when battery low

Reaction score
Hi all

On 2 occasions now I have tested what happens when the battery gets to critical level 15%.

The iPad app comes up saying auto land, and to tap on the X to cancel, and then I need to confirm.

The problem is that it STILL lands though! Even though I'm telling it to cancel, it still lands. Battery is at about 14% at this stage.

Now if I was above water this is obviously going to be a huge problem. Not that I intend on flying the battery that low, I just want to know what to expect when the battery gets to less than 15%.

So is there an option to turn this off ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi all

On 2 occasions now I have tested what happens when the battery gets to critical level 15%.

The iPad app comes up saying auto land, and to tap on the X to cancel, and then I need to confirm.

The problem is that it STILL lands though! Even though I'm telling it to cancel, it still lands. Battery is at about 14% at this stage.

Now if I was above water this is obviously going to be a huge problem. Not that I intend on flying the battery that low, I just want to know what to expect when the battery gets to less than 15%.

So is there an option to turn this off ?

Thanks

You can reduce your critical battery setting so it doesnt kick in as early. You can fly to a limited extent when critical kicks in but you are landing.

So aircraft WILL land when critical battery limit is reached regardless ?

Is it best to therefore set critical limit to 5% or less? So that the aircraft doesn't land automatically wherever, when I'm trying to bring it down safely ?

Is it best to therefore set critical limit to 5% or less? So that the aircraft doesn't land automatically wherever, when I'm trying to bring it down safely ?

Thats what i said..... i think..

I believe the minimum critical % is 10. But you can still keep it in the air for a while by applying throttle.

You you want some insurance, do as I do. Set your warnings at 30% and 20% so it does have a little juice left, if you need to take back control. You can always reset the values while on the fly, as well. ;-)

RedHotPoker

You you want some insurance, do as I do. Set your warnings at 30% and 20% so it does have a little juice left, if you need to take back control. You can always reset the values while on the fly, as well. ;-)

RedHotPoker
Thats what i do poker..... batteries give more flights before they throw a leg out of bed also.

Setting the critical voltage lower will only delay your problem, setting it higher will give you more time to maneuver.

Default values are good enough.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.