Canada - Join MAAC after Sept 1 for longer membership

Reaction score
For my fellow Canadian pilots, we have the Model Aeronautics Association of Canada that offers group liability insurance for hobbyist flying. Membership is $80/yr (Jan-Dec). I talked to them a couple months ago and they didn't have a half year option - had I joined then, I would have paid a full year's rate for less than half a year's membership.

They do have a deal though for the rest of the year. All memberships from 1 Sept 2014 don't expire until Dec 31 2015, so you basically get the remainder of 2014 free. I just joined this morning. Their membership page is at: https://maac.ca/renewal/renew.php?mode=apply

Good Find.

Did you find where the details of the insurance are?

I scanned through the site but did not find it.

My understanding is that you have to fly at a MAAC sanctioned event or a MAAC flying club to be covered by their insurance. If you fly at home or at a school yard - no coverage.

I asked for information about joining and mentioned drone flight. I got this back. "Just to advise you that the MAAC membership is for hobby only." Said I was looking to fly responsibly for personal use. Does that not imply hobby or am I being snubbed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31