Can you use tracker on your fc40?

Reaction score
Hi i have bought a tracker of ebay one that you put a 2g sim card in i think they are gsm or gps?

Wil this cause any problems with my 5.8ghz or 2.4ghz camera.

Want to be sure it wont cause ony loss of control of my phantom before i attach it

Thanks

It will be fine. This uses cell-phone frequencies, which don't overlap with 2.4 or 5.8Ghz.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Car-Real ... 35cbee7157

Thanks i was thinking it must cause problems or a lot of people would have one??

It seems common sense if it doesn't cause any problems to attacth it to the phantom so if i ever have a fly away i will be able to find where it is straight away it has its own power source and sends a txt with the google maps location to your phone. You can get them a little cheaper but didn't want the hassle of finding a 2g sim card and top up. So i got one that has sim and £5 top up.

What about the compass will it cause any problems to that as it says not to have your mobile phone near it??

Thanks

Yea that seems great, keep us posted to if its all fine and works well. might just have to purchase one of them if so.

Yes i have noticed a few posters signitures which have there set up and a few say tracker TK102 fitted and they have 400+ posts so must have experiance.

I wonder why DJI don't offer any sort or tracking feature as it has GPS?? like last known location even if £5 per month or something to cover costs.

Or is there any sort of apps for this?

Hope this is fine as only 50g and even if battery dies on phantom you just txt the tracker and it replies with location so will be there in 5 min before anyone finds it even though i dont fly past eye view at the moment.

Will let you know how i get on as will be trying over weekend if weather is ok

I have a TK102 "clone" and it is fine. There are various copies out there and some of them are good, some maybe not so...

If DJI wanted to add a tracker, it would add around £20 to the cost of the quadcopter, as it would require the cell phone circuitry.

One word of advice, most of these trackers are supplied with 2 battery covers, one with magnets to attach to cars etc. and one without. So you don't upset the compass, ensure you use the one without.

Thanks for letting me know its fine feel more confident now a few people have said this.

I think it woud be a great add on or update for DJI to do as we are all concerned about flyaways or just losing site of them and them crashing.

Thanks again all

I think you made the right choice paying more and buying from an Argos approved seller. I bought one before from a random seller and it never worked. Ended up sending it back. I might buy 4 of these when I've the money (2 for Phantoms and 2 for bikes)

One thing tho if DJI ever offered the trackers built in it would not only cut down on all the repeat replacement phantoms people buy after theres flys away. It would also require dji to somewhat admit that flyaway can and do some times happen. Which is not some thing they even like admitting happens and any time they do they always try to insist its some kind of user error and most always the users fault. So a tracker coming with them might make it hard for them to still live in denial of flyaway.

But even if they did They would be raising there price points for any model they offered them in and also not every one works universally in every part of the word depending on the carrier for cell servis that it would use and what not. and its also one more thing and issue they would have to be responsible for handling any problems someone could have if it were a dji included tracker. So I could see that in its self being a logistical nightmare for them.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31