can you use an ipad insted of an iphone

usaken said:
can you either an ipad or iPhone for the wifi? thanks

Yes you can, I use an iPad mini much easier to see than an iPhone. The only thing to remember is search for the APP under iPhone APPs as they don't do one for the iPad.

I use an ipad2 with no problem...just need to figure a way to mount it since it is incased in the Griffin Survivor case.

I use the new IPad Air ... Works great... I would never go back to the small phone screens.

Attachments

• iPad Mount.jpg
    iPad Mount.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 567
Madwak said:
The only thing to remember is search for the APP under iPhone APPs as they don't do one for the iPad.

Hmmm, I just looked for the DJI app in the iPhone section (to use it on my iPad) and couldn't find it. Is this a 'Duh' moment for me? :oops:

A while later... Found it under iTunes. Thanks! :D

I tried it with a Nexus 10 tablet and it was pretty cool. And screenshots come out at 2560x1600 which is nice. But it's heavier so I've gone back to my S3 which is big enough. Haven't tried on my iPad but I only have an older heavier one and not a mini. A 7" tablet is probably better than a 10". iPhones are tiny but at least the S3 is a decent size and super light compared to any tablet.

MrTommy said:
Madwak said:
The only thing to remember is search for the APP under iPhone APPs as they don't do one for the iPad.

Hmmm, I just looked for the DJI app in the iPhone section (to use it on my iPad) and couldn't find it. Is this a 'Duh' moment for me? :oops:

I've just checked and its still there. :D

Madwak said:
I've just checked and its still there. :D

Yeah, as I mentioned above, I found it in the iTunes section. I downloaded it, pulled it up, and VIOLA! Now, to get some way of mounting it. I liked the links above that 38 Special posted. Unfortunately we're leaving for Death Valley tomorrow so there's no time to set this up before we leave. Drat!

Maybe I can get wifey to 'hold' the iPad for me while I fly. Sure - THAT will work - :lol:

38Special said:

I am using an iPad Air. I am looking at your picture and the product, but I can't see how you are attaching the Arkon to the controller. Did you add a spacer of some sort in between base plate and ball swivel to make it fit?

yawnalot29 said:
38Special said:

I am using an iPad Air. I am looking at your picture and the product, but I can't see how you are attaching the Arkon to the controller. Did you add a spacer of some sort in between base plate and ball swivel to make it fit?

I did, I cut up a black folding can koozie. The thin foam was the correct depth for the standoff. Cut the square, then cut a "dog leg" out of it to make two pieces to fit the handhold rail the iPhone holder attached to.

Not found, made. I use a cork sanding block cut to half height glued to a plastic iPad mini tray. Works well and only cost a couple of dollars.

I use an ipad1- no video dropouts-perfect.

I have also tried the android on the samsung galaxy but video stops and starts so gave up with that.

so far ipad1 (ios 7) works really well.This is why I am trying the vision in the first place.
The convenience of video display from the camera is exactly what I was after.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj