Can you spot the P3P in a tree?

Reaction score
image.jpeg

No, but I found Waldo!! Chuckles

RedHotPoker

Frankly, no. This may not bode well for me as a Phantom pilot (if in fact there is a Phantom in that picture somewhere).

Between a third and fourth of the way from the left side, right above the bottom of the picture.

Man you have got good eyes, or just a large monitor. Hahaha
Viewing from an iPad3 screen here, and never really looked that thoroughly.

RedHotPoker

****, thats a good tree. its hard to tell white vs background light. maybe this?

upload_2016-8-18_13-7-41.png

Or, at the top?

Seems likely it's at/near center of frame like Digdat0 has zoomed in on.

Reactions: Pharm
On further reflection, my choice is too small to be a phantom. Given that the average person taking a photo ALWAYS puts the object of interest directly in the center (including a person's face (ARRRGGGH!), it is in that general area. I think Digdat0 gets the prize.

I'm not that good at finding one in a tree. I've only seen mine sitting calmly on the ground or in perfectly controlled, smooth flight. ;)

Bingo!
I had the co-ordinates and video but I still couldn't see it!
It took me two hours to find it and I figured I knew exactly where it was. And in the end it was right in front of my eyes, but to be fair to me it is a VERY dense area near the edge of a river on a flood plain. So not only was it DENSE bush. there was tonnes of logs and debris that had piled up all over the area during the last high water flow. So it was a dangerous (to me ) hunt for it in the first place.

I see tree and nothing else. :oops:

As Digdat0, I would say at the top.
Capture.PNG

But on the other tree, there are also some white spots that could be your P3.
Best would be another drone to see from the top.

Reactions: Digdat0
l'm guessing it's STILL there?

l'm guessing it's STILL there?

Believe it or not, Angels came while I was away and flew it down to the base of the tree and set it gently on a bed of leaves and grasses!!

That's the only way I can explain the fact that later that evening I came back to the tree (with ladder and Brother) and there was my P3P at the TRUNK of the tree with out as much as a scratch on it!

How it got from being 60ft. up in the very top of a tree to the base of the tree unscathed is beyond me?
And to boot the whole area surrounding the tree is littered with a six foot high pile of large tree dead fall that built up in a river flood plain.
So had the bird landed anywhere other than where it was, it would likely have been smashed to pieces. I honestly looked at the area and could not figure out how it could have ended up in the spot it was, hence the Angel story lol

Believe it or not, Angels came while I was away and flew it down to the base of the tree and set it gently on a bed of leaves and grasses!!

That's the only way I can explain the fact that later that evening I came back to the tree (with ladder and Brother) and there was my P3P at the TRUNK of the tree with out as much as a scratch on it!

How it got from being 60ft. up in the very top of a tree to the base of the tree unscathed is beyond me?
And to boot the whole area surrounding the tree is littered with a six foot high pile of large tree dead fall that built up in a river flood plain.
So had the bird landed anywhere other than where it was, it would likely have been smashed to pieces. I honestly looked at the area and could not figure out how it could have ended up in the spot it was, hence the Angel story lol
but ... where in the picture was it? :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl