Can you set top speed?

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to set the top speed of the drone? When taking videos of stream and river banks I always seem to fly to fast, very little input puts me over 15 mph, would be nice to set it at 10mph so it would not fly faster than that. Is this possible? P3P

That's not possible with the DJI GO app.

That's not possible with the DJI GO app.
Mike - how about adjusting the expo settings or raising the level of the sticks. Do you think they would help with the OPs comment that very little input results in fast movements? I don't have any personal experience with the expo settings, but from what I understand they can help make a less responsive stick requiring more stick movement. I get that it's not a top speed limit, but could help with taking longer to get to top speed.

Last edited:
Yes, there are some things you can do to fly with smoother movements (for example). But, that's not going to help limit the speed. And, when it's windy, it's even harder to fly at a certain speed. It's something that could be easily done by software though.

Try increasing the "Forward/Right Expo". That should make the first 1/2 of the stick travel less sensitive so that it's easier to maintain a more consistent low speed.

The 2nd 1/2 of stick travel becomes more sensitive so top speed is still available.

You adjust this on the X-Y graph on the Gain & Expo Tuning screen.

Reactions: brianb87 and N017RW
Does anyone know if it is possible to set the top speed of the drone? When taking videos of stream and river banks I always seem to fly to fast, very little input puts me over 15 mph, would be nice to set it at 10mph so it would not fly faster than that. Is this possible? P3P

FYI: MR speed is limited by the maximum tilt angle. This is typically maxed to a conservative value as at some point the MC cannot maintain altitude if the angle is too great. You need some 'head-room' in the power department to compensate for ambient conditions as well.

Only the DJI A2 autopilot has a function called 'cruise control' but that's set to keep the bird at a constant speed, not a top speed I believe.

Maybe in a future update.

Reactions: brianb87

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers