Can you set forward stick to front of P3

Reaction score
So I am a P3 nubie and I thought that I read somewhere that you could set the forward stick control to be always the front of the aircraft no matter which way you yaw it.

I have not flown my P3 yet so it could be the default setting. Any info would be appreciated.

You're referring to Home Lock, and it's an option in the app once you enable IOC.

i think he is talking about course lock
BUT i really think he should read the manual a few times before it comes out of the box
Hmmm....I have done a lot of research and what I have come away with is Home lock will always fly forward but backward will always be to your home point no matter where you fly.
Course lock, lock in a course line to fly on forward stick and you can yaw left or right and your course stays true. Like for following someone walking a path.

Guess I will keep reading. :)

Thanks, good vid. That is exactly how I understood CL works. What I was asking is , can I lock the front to always be forward stick, more like a fixed wing. So I fly forward going north on forward stick, turn right 90 degrees, front of copter now facing east, forward stick flys the P3 east. Hope that makes sense. Thanks for all the input, really helpful for a newbie like me. Been in RC for decades, but this is first quad.

Thanks, good vid. That is exactly how I understood CL works. What I was asking is , can I lock the front to always be forward stick, more like a fixed wing. So I fly forward going north on forward stick, turn right 90 degrees, front of copter now facing east, forward stick flys the P3 east. Hope that makes sense. Thanks for all the input, really helpful for a newbie like me. Been in RC for decades, but this is first quad.
that is how it works without using course or home lock

a big field with no one about would be your best bet and take it slow.
lift off at full throttle until it gets about 10-15 foot and have a feel for it before you go anywhere

+1

Definitely FULL throttle until you're comfortable with it's height.

This is often counter-intuitive and partial throttle can cause tip-overs.

Auto take off may not have enough power if it's a little windy. If you're so new I'd recommend prop guards in case of tip overs and general safety and to reduce risk of damaging your props. I'd reduce gains etc to minimum. Increase braking. If you are using IOS device ipad or ipad mini or iPhone get as much practice on the practice mode in the app. Fly using the controls without the phantom being in the air.. Above all take it slow . Fly LOS always. Be aware of flying nose in. Fly away from people and property and trees etc. Have fun and good luck..

Great, thanks for the advice. Does the auto-takeoff use full throttle?

I think it should, but it doesn't get it over your head. I don't like it flying on its own at 4 ft in the air and you don't even have to have your hands on the controls. Your first flight before you lift off.
#1 I would have both toggle switches up.
#2 Safe to fly-gps indicator on and stay's on for at least 30 seconds.
#3 Start motors watch all the indicators.
#4 Lift off full throttle (Left control up tell your about 10 ft).
#5 Let the control center and let it hover.

Should stay put and not drift, test all controls lightly. With satellite lock, where every you release the controls it should stay put.

To land use the left control pressing down lightly when it touches down hold the control all they down 3 seconds props will stop.

My first landing a used the left stick to bring it down, when hit the grass I let off the control thinking its on the ground, but it starting bouncing in the air and back down. I had told it to hover below the ground (sorta). So it was hitting the ground then bouncing back up the air with no input from me.

Anyways, my first few landings were tip overs.

I tried to make it simple for a first flight.

Anybody's got any corrections? (Simple)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20