Can you send your video direct

Reaction score
I am using an iPad mini 2 when I've videod the subject for a customer with my p3 can I send the raw footage straight from my iPad to the customer via say Dropbox as soon as I land back.

I am using an iPad mini 2 when I've videod the subject for a customer with my p3 can I send the raw footage straight from my iPad to the customer via say Dropbox as soon as I land back.

The full resolution video isn't stored on the iPad.

What @Kingfish28 said. But you can, however, get an SD card reader for your iPad and access the full res video that way. However, depending on the length/res of your video, there is the potential to chew through your data pretty quickly if doing this over LTE.

I would also throw out there that it's generally not a good idea to send someone an unfinished product.
Im doing a building inspection, so the customer will be next to me, and i want to be able to send it to them straight away, making it nice and fancy isnt a priority, so its how is the best way to send the raw video as quickly as possible to them.

The fastest way would be to duplicate the data onto a second SDCard to leave with them

Not a bad idea, maybe copy to a cheap flash drive.
The file size is going to be quite large, so uploading it raw is going to be cumbersome.

If doing this in the field with a laptop just copy the file to a cheap thumb drive and hand it to him, the cost of the drive could be included in the fee if needed but Fry's has 6 packs of 256GB thumb drives for $19

There is actually some footage stored on the tablet.. Mine is set to store 2 gig (default) but I have no idea if that data can be accessed by anything beyond the Director part of the DJI Pilot app

There is actually some footage stored on the tablet.. Mine is set to store 2 gig (default) but I have no idea if that data can be accessed by anything beyond the Director part of the DJI Pilot app
Steve, the issue with that is the 'Moments' or Video 'Cache' footage is very low resolution. and not something you would give a customer. It can be accessed easily with iFunBoc app.

Reactions: Steve Moore

You can, I can file browse to the videos on the tablet.

Im guessing that the "customer" is not actually Micks customer. Im betting he is doing inspections for a bank and is being nice to the customer. Yes, I get the resolutions reduction, but think its still 720... not a bad video for a nice gesture!

hi, im using an ipad mini 2 so will have to be a duplicate micro sd card, is this easy to do?

The fastest way would be to live stream the video to youtube and make it unlisted. Later they can click the link and watch the 720p version or email the link to anyone else interested.

After the flight you can quickly copy to cheap 16GB thumb drive and hand over.

The fastest way would be to live stream the video to youtube and make it unlisted. Later they can click the link and watch the 720p version or email the link to anyone else interested.

After the flight you can quickly copy to cheap 16GB thumb drive and hand over.
is that easy to do, is it something you after you have recorded the subject or as you are filmimg

is that easy to do, is it something you after you have recorded the subject or as you are filmimg

You have to jump through some hoops the first time, but after some practice it only takes about a minute to setup.

With the Android 1.2.0 DJI Pilot app you can also do this after the fact by clicking on the video and then clicking on the upload button. These are the cached videos on the tablet, so they are much smaller than the high resolution ones on the card, only about 40MB per minute.

I would really recommend breaking up your recording into smaller segments. Fly through one area recording, stop, take pictures, start recording, move through the next area, stop, repeat. This will make it much easier to identify the segments they want and provide detailed pictures as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj