Can you remove the camera and gimbal?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am new to all this and have never flown anything before. I am thinking of buying a Vision+ but think I may have a few rough landings / crashes so thought it would be a good idea to remove the camera and gimbal to avoid damaging them until I got the hang of flying.
Is it possible to do that?
Many thanks
Bob

is it possible to remove? yes but you would need to take the thing apart.
Here are a few things to keep in mind and you should be pretty save learning to fly the phantom.

I would suggest just going to a nice open field with room to fly without worrying about hitting things like tree's.
When you are ready to take off, start the engines and then lift off fairly fast and go up at least 6 feet. Do not try to take off by lifting up slowly as you are more likely to move in a direction before fully lifting off causing the phantom to tip over. Don't be afraid to just take it up quick and get it off the ground.

Once you get it up off the ground about 6 feet or more just let go of the controls and let it hover.

You can then using only the right flight stick fly the phantom around and it will maintain its 6 foot height, the only thing at this point you would have to worry about while flying around is hitting things like tree's but that shouldn't be an issue as you are in a wide open area.

once you get the hang of that you can start using the left flight stick to do things like rotate the phantom and get used to flying with a different orientation like having it face you rather than away from you.

Landing is fairly simple, just let it down very slowly. For first time, you can alway have it auto land for you by turning off the controler or using the S1 Switch if the phantom has been configured for Naza mode.
Once you see how the phantom auto lands on its own, you should have no problem bringing it down slower and even landing better than the auto-land.

Like I've said before, if you are in a wide open area like a large field without things to run into like large tree's or buildings its extremely hard to crash even for a first time flyer. The Phantom in GPS mode practically fly's itself you just tell it where to move.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic