Can you record on the iphone what you see with your camera?

Reaction score
I just bought a new Phantom FC40 and my question is this. When using FPV with your iPhone, Can you use the iPhone to record what you see or do you have to use the card to do this?

Re: Can you record on the iphone what you see with your came

You need a Micro SD to record - but you can transfer the vids direct to your iPhone over Wifi after you've recorded so no messing around with taking the card out and manually upload which is a plus.

Curb said:
You need a Micro SD to record - but you can transfer the vids direct to your iPhone over Wifi after you've recorded so no messing around with taking the card out and manually upload which is a plus.

Unless U R using a iPhone4s! For some reason the phone won't allow the transfer to work?
Moose

Moose said:
Curb said:

Unless U R using a iPhone4s! For some reason the phone won't allow the transfer to work?
Moose
I didn't realize until reading your post that the transfer won't work on my iPhone 4s. I've been using the USB-to-miniUSB cable to transfer pictures and videos to my desktop directly from the camera. I find it's a lot faster than downloading videos to the iPhone even when the transfer does work, as it did with my Phantom 2 Vision. Connecting the USB-to-miniUSB cable also charges the camera battery so I'm able to get two things done at the same time. (The camera never shows "green" charged status for the battery, it just glows solid red, but I know it's charged.)

I'm just really surprised this is the case with the same iOS as current the 5.

Bigbells said:
Moose said:
Curb said:

Moose
I didn't realize until reading your post that the transfer won't work on my iPhone 4s. I've been using the USB-to-miniUSB cable to transfer pictures and videos to my desktop directly from the camera. I find it's a lot faster than downloading videos to the iPhone even when the transfer does work, as it did with my Phantom 2 Vision. Connecting the USB-to-miniUSB cable also charges the camera battery so I'm able to get two things done at the same time. (The camera never shows "green" charged status for the battery, it just glows solid red, but I know it's charged.)

There is no reason why it won't work on an iPhone 4s, the 4s is a more recent model and what comes down to things working or not is your iOS version and if you have other underlying problems with your device that would be causing something not to work. Most problems can be fixed doing a restore and setting your iOS device up as new.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl