Can you loop a P3?

Reaction score
Please comment on this: I'm new to multirotor but this seems incredibly hard? I'm expected to do it as part of a flight test by the British Model Flying Association, 15-25 mtr!

Attachments

• 1450344687890.jpg
    1450344687890.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 688
Please comment on this: I'm new to multirotor but this seems incredibly hard? I'm expected to do it as part of a flight test by the British Model Flying Association, 15-25 mtr!
This one can almost do it by itself......

:cool:

wl-toys.jpg

if you absolutely have to do that with a multirotor and want something RTF for the lowest price possible I would say you should go with the XK Stunt 350. It is around $220 depending where you buy and can definitely do the maneuver you are required to demonstrate.

Reactions: Darmie
I'm expected to do it as part of a flight test by the British Model Flying Association!

This is part of the B certificate, which no-one is expected to take. Some clubs may ask you to take the A certificate before you fly unsupervised, but that is very simple hovering manoeuvres.

More of a problem will be that you cannot take the BMFA flying tests with any stabilisation so you need to be in manual mode which Phantom 3 doesn't have - you'd need a Phantom 1 for that, or another quad ;)

http://www.bmfa.org/Downloads/RCAch...efault.aspx?Command=Core_Download&EntryId=794

151217BMFA-B-cert-stabilisationDetails.jpg

Reactions: Meta4
P2s allow manual mode as well.

Reactions: jamesb72
Omg. P3 is basically designed for a good photography and now we want to use it as a fun toy for loops. :)

Sky is the limit for imaginations.

Reactions: Dirty Bird
I have the P3P, I am looking to do the BMFA tests as its a way in for me to gain my CAA stuff rather than pay over £1200 for the alternative courses. It seems the A test alone may have to suffice the the P3P.
Thanks for the input people

I see nothing wrong with multis flying 3D like other RC aircraft (both fixed and rotary wing).
However you need the right AC for the job and the Phantom is not the right tool for the job .... by any means.
olof Ekbergh posted the YouTube of Curtis Youngblood's (of RC heli 3D fame) Stingray ... that has collective pitch for full inverted flight .... and it's a fully 3D capable multi.

Omg. P3 is basically designed for a good photography and now we want to use it as a fun toy for loops. :)

Sky is the limit for imaginations.

Remove one of the props and stand back. LOL Guess too many people don't have time to read manuals or seek out YouTube videos!

I actually named my P3 when they 1st came out the "flyNcat". You can find youtube video's that show people holding the P3 upside down and it would go rightside up before hitting the ground just like a cat.

You should also consider the weigth of the AC and the strength of the props.
It is possible to fly a P3 without GPS, but stunts might cause the P3A to hit something and it will probably crash very hard. So for stunts I would also use a toy AC. These are very cheap a great to practise flying (indoor).

What if? Before the test explain that your equipment will not do the "un-needed type maneuvers" by design. Ask them why you should act in an unprofessional manner. Is a Cesena pilot required to loop or do an Immelman maneuver

Last edited:
Cynicism, sarcasm and wit.... and some interesting replies, thank you ;-)

Hi sticky!

Obviously, many posters are completely missing the point of your question!

How are you getting on with your research about this situation?

(Personally, I think you will only need to do the A cert if you go that route - but I have not yet looked into it fully)

I am still going the EUROUSC route myself as I don't have an issue with the fees.

(Don't forget that regardless of weather your "business" is profitable or not, your P3 + training + accessories / expenses etc are ALL tax deductible @ 20%!... so everything just got 20% than doing it "recreationally"!)

Reactions: sticky photography

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4