Can you 'Lock" the gimbal

Reaction score
I crashed and my camera is going crazy as it has for other operators under the same circumstances. Is it safe to fly with your gimbal fastener on to keep the gimbal from moving erratically? When I do this on my desktop the motors get hot, will they overheat? I wouldn't mind flying with my gimbal fastened in place until I lose this thing in the Ocean.

I wouldn't suggest doing that. The motor is going to drive against the lock <-- Not good.

You might want to consider just removing the camera and flying without it until you get it fixed or replaced. That's what I would do.

vic777 said:
I crashed and my camera is going crazy as it has for other operators under the same circumstances. Is it safe to fly with your gimbal fastener on to keep the gimbal from moving erratically? When I do this on my desktop the motors get hot, will they overheat? I wouldn't mind flying with my gimbal fastened in place until I lose this thing in the Ocean.
I would think it best that you disconnect the cable that powers the gimbal.. I would hope that one of the set is just power and not also wifi/camera.. which would save battery obviously.

Honestly though, even though the motors get warm they are brushless.. nothing more than electromagnets and it shouldn't harm anything and only be a waste of electricity.. when it flight they would be constantly cooled more than enough.. however, you'll get that annoying gimbal lock error on the vision app..

If I could just not power the gimbal, that would be great. Does anybody know if there is just one wire to do this and as Jason said, not disconnect the wifi also. So I would still have effect a 'fixed' camera.

I'm interested in which wire can be cut to disable the gimbal also.. I already tried to unplug plugs one at a time the middle plug shuts down the gimbal but also camera can this be done to keep camera operational & wifi?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj