Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Can you install an iOS Mini on a Phantom 1.1.1?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pippin, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Pippin

Pippin Guest

I have my Phantom pulled apart watching a video on installing an iOS Mini on a Phantom 2 (Non-Vision). I've removed the Can-Bus port, but I don't see the module connection on the port for the Mini power cable. Also, I can't find the brown,orange,brown,yellow wires coming from the circuit board where the NAZA sits to connect the video in/out wires to the Mini. I do not have a gimbal on my Phantom. So it appears to me that an iOS Mini can't be installed on this model. :(

2. ElGuano

What does your Phantom's mainboard look like?

http://provideocoalition.com/images/rem ... ompare.jpg

If it looks like the one on the top, you need a motherboard upgrade or a PMU V2.

If it's the bottom board, you can solder an iOSD mini directly to the mainboard with a little bit of modding.

3. Pippin

Pippin Guest

Thanks for your reply. It is that top board. I guess it's time to step up to a Phantom 2 (Non-Vision).

4. ElGuano

You can also get the upgrade board for $50 and do the canBus mod.

5. adam12hicks

Yep the upgrade board is really no big deal, and is so much cleaner than using the PMU / etc for the Zenmuse (which is what I have) and allows for a pretty straight forward iOSD mod.

I am not doing iOSD, but I use Flytrex to collect flight data and overlay on my GoPro vids post-process. Pretty neat technology and fun to track your runs and maximums. Turns you into a bit of a daredevil though :-/