Can you fly past critical battery 10% ?

Reaction score
Ive seen videos/posts where people fly long flights and just get home with 1 or 2% battery remaining. I can't find how to change critical battery setting 10% which lands the P3A ( after short delay). Only setting I can see to change is smart battery RTH. Handy to have the extra % for Litchi missions . Cheers

Yes you can but you need to fight to maintain altitude since the AC auto lands after reaching this critical stage. It's very risky to fly the last 10% since the AC could shut itself off before landing or reaching 0% if the cells are not balanced. I would not do it unless it's an emergency. Btw, you can't change critical battery setting to less than 10%.

Reactions: Digdat0
and it is not good for the battery going below 10% even though ive done it a few times.

I haven't been able to fly below 8% battery. But if it were possible for you, I wouldn't recommend it because why would you want to risk it?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

and it is not good for the battery going below 10% even though ive done it a few times.
don't worry, voltage 3 V per cell is okay
and yesterday I had 9% battery and voltage was 3.4 V, so I think that at 0% the voltage will be still above 3 V
but as mandalay wrote, problem may be in case when cells are not balanced properly

Reactions: Digdat0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31