Can you fly 2 Phantoms near each other?

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been flying phantoms for years but only recently got around to flying them together in the same area. Hadn't noticed any issues until last night when one dropped right out of the sky. They didn't collide and as a matter of fact the first had already been grounded when I turned to land the second. I "assume" it's ok to fly 2 in the same general vicinity, but I want to nix the thought that one controller could have impacted the flight of the other P2?

Anyone else fly together or in groups with/without incident?

Thanks,

Ohary

I fly a couple of mine together. Never had a problem. On the smaller channel set you can fly three together.

I could swear I read DJI mentioned three as well but darn if I can find it now.

I've flown three of mine simultaneously. I fly with some other folks and we've had 4 in the air simultaneously with no issues.

I had some noise in video feed on p3 from my p2 but only when they were relatively close. I did a shoot of scout rocket launch went through 3 batteries each without issue. Not sure what two p3s might have but I thought signal had protection against hijacking

My P3P video goes dead when flying with a P2V+
Cause it's scared of the better P2 :)
theshining-1427212867.gif
:)
JK Lord :D don't get all crazy on me now :)

Biggest problem I've had is knowing which one is mine! If you take your eyes off it for any length of time, don't make any sudden maneuvers until you're sure you're controlling the one you're looking at.

My dad has a 3DR Solo and we fly most every weekend. The only thing we've seen thus far is that when my Phantom 3P gets near his Solo in the air (20'?) his Solo will immediately start a RTH and it cannot be canceled. There are many variables when flying two or more quads (even from the same manufacturer) near each other. The 2.4Ghz spectrum is jam packed with noise.

Reactions: Cerone

As I just said, in another thread, on the other forum here.
I have flown with a friend, he with his Phantom 3 Advanced, and my Phantom 3 Professional. There were no ill effects, or video drop out.
And certainly neither of us Returned To Home, without pressing the designated RTH button first. ;-)

As far, as looking into opposing channels, neither if us did.
Both units were left on Auto.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4