Can you convert the DJI FC40 to 2.4Ghz control?

Reaction score
Hi guys! I hope this isn't a really newbie question here but i'd much appreciate it if some light could be shed on this for me. Im looking to convert my FC40 to a 2.4Ghz control system (ideally the Spektrum DX8 with the AR8000 receiver) so that i could use a 5.8Ghz FPV system as 2.4Ghz for fpv is very restricted in the UK. Is it possible to do this conversion? If so does anyone have any info on how one would go about doing this? (I expect there to be a small amount of programming involved on the transmitters part) Ive seen conversions for the 2.4 Ghz version to this radio but is there any difference for the 5.8Ghz FC40? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Joesrevolution said:
Hi guys! I hope this isn't a really newbie question here but i'd much appreciate it if some light could be shed on this for me. Im looking to convert my FC40 to a 2.4Ghz control system (ideally the Spektrum DX8 with the AR8000 receiver) so that i could use a 5.8Ghz FPV system as 2.4Ghz for fpv is very restricted in the UK. Is it possible to do this conversion? If so does anyone have any info on how one would go about doing this? (I expect there to be a small amount of programming involved on the transmitters part) Ive seen conversions for the 2.4 Ghz version to this radio but is there any difference for the 5.8Ghz FC40? Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

You can replace the Tx/Rx with a common 2.4 GHz system such as Futaba, Spektrum, and a host of others.

Spektrum requires a 3rd party receiver (such as Orange) or an s-bus interface/converter I believe to get s-bus where Futaba will have it integrated already.

This [s-bus] eliminates alot of wires, weight and complexity.

8-10 or more channels would be recommended if you plan to grow into this hobby to allow more functionality in the future (retracts, etc.)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl