Can you clear up my confusion?

Reaction score
So was looking at getting the dji phantom 2 over the original because of it's longer battery life. I am confused as to the different versions there are I see there is a v2.0 and a v3.0 I think? One has blue stripes and one has red stripes? So is the v3.0 newer and what's the difference ??

Hey King,

Phantom 1 - cheap, short flight times
Phantom 2 - updated version, longer flight times (18-25 mins avg)
Phantom 2 v2 - Oct 2014 release, new motor, new esc, updated propellers, smarter batts
Phantom Vision+ 3.0 - latest phantom Vision model.

Hope this clears it up. Stripes are just decals. My friend's stripes are pink :p.

There is no Phantom V2. Technically there is a version 1.0 & 1.1 (as per DJI) but they are the same bird with a few upgrades. Earlier this year they included heavier-duty motors, better propellers and a new transmitter and compass with improvements. If you buy new you will get the improved features.

You own a Phantom correct... what are you trying to figure out?

I recently purchased a Phantom 2 "v2.0" from Amazon and had to figure this out as well. So this is my take:

DJI's website shows:

Phantom 2 (Bundle options available: with or without Zenmuse gimbal)
Phantom 2 Vision ( Round camera non gimbal stabilized)
Phantom 2 Vision+ (DJI camera/gimbal)

Amazon currently lists Phantom 2's in two "versions"

Phantom 2 "v1.0" Roughly in the $700-$800 price range

Phantom 2 "v2.0" Roughly in the $800-900+ price range

With the difference being:

"This is V2.0 of the Phantom 2 with H3-3D Gimbal and includes upgraded motors, propellers, and a new remote control transmitter that has a rechargeable battery built in."

It looks as if DJI does not reflect "two versions" because they may only be selling/shipping what Amazon considers the "v2.0" now. Other retailers/sellers may be selling/shipping old stock of Phantom 2 "v1.0's" as well as the current "version" with upgrades.

There are currently two Phantom 2 versions in the market.

Phantom 2 (updated bersion of the phantom 1), may come with a gimbal or not.

Phantom 2 v2.0 (updated version of the Phantom 2), may come with a gimbal or not.

If you see Phantom 2 v2.0, then that is the latest Phantom 2. Description should state New motors, New ESC, New Propellers (9450), New Transmitter (Lipo Batt on Tx, 4 led indicators,Wheel on upper left for tilt), New Compass. If it doesnt say that, then its an older version. Read the description before you buy.

king156 said:
So was looking at getting the dji phantom 2 over the original because of it's longer battery life. I am confused as to the different versions there are I see there is a v2.0 and a v3.0 I think? One has blue stripes and one has red stripes? So is the v3.0 newer and what's the difference ??

See this page from one of the phantom dealer, they give side to side whats new on V2 compared with V1

njet212 said:
king156 said:

See this page from one of the phantom dealer, they give side to side whats new on V2 compared with V1

Great link with great info!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20