can WindowsMediaPlayer play P4P+ .mov file?

Reaction score
Am trying first time & get
incompatibility message.
Do I need to download "codec"?
Where do I find? Link?
Or what other preferably free video player program?
Thanks.

Also, as newbie, is there newbie zone in this
forum where no question is too...? you know...

Also, record on MP4 for better chance of out of the box compatibility with Windows.

Having said that, I have this codec pack (which includes the above-mentioned VLC media player) always installed in my Windows computers: Download K-Lite Codec Pack Full - MajorGeeks

I'm not sure if it's because I installed this specific codec pack, but I'm able to play and process MOV files without problems on Windows computers.

K-lites as said above and use Media Player Classic as it uses less of PC resources. Once it comes to 4k stuff you need a decent rig to play it smoothly

Ah now that you mention 4K, I was wondering why my 4K videos seemed to record in slow motion (or at least play back in slow motion) in MPC... I played those same videos in the Windows Media Player (on Windows 10), and they played back fine. I'm unsure of the reason for slow playback, but I was blaming the drone for some time. I do have a very beefy machine, pretty much maxed out on everything hardware-related, and still the playback was slow on MPC. So just watch out for that.

Ah now that you mention 4K, I was wondering why my 4K videos seemed to record in slow motion (or at least play back in slow motion) in MPC... I played those same videos in the Windows Media Player (on Windows 10), and they played back fine. I'm unsure of the reason for slow playback, but I was blaming the drone for some time. I do have a very beefy machine, pretty much maxed out on everything hardware-related, and still the playback was slow on MPC. So just watch out for that.
Thats weird for me, MPC gives me best perfomance for years.. But if its sluttering, you should try another players..

I've got to take my words back, I've encountered a deadly low FPS while trying to play a H.265/MP4 4k video from my phantom today. My two others 4k cameras (gopros) never cause problems with playback on PC.
I came at my home rig (i7, 16 GB DDR3, GTX680Ti), copy mp4 files on SSD. Every player I try result in 2-3 FPS playback with full stuck after ~15 seconds. Tried 2 vids captured today. Tried to convert them into legal h.264 but my converted refused to eat h.265. Guess I should get back to 264" practics?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic