Can we fool the phantom 4 into thinking it should go FCC mode?

Reaction score
Im in europe so im limited by the maximum range alot.... I'm wondering if we can do a modification to make the device think we are not in europe and enable FCC mode?

no

It's not possible since it uses the Phantom's GPS to figure out where it's located.

Changing settings to new sealand for ios seems to work, a amateur with hardware to pick up signal strength confirmed this.
He could not test this for android though.

No, not possible. I have tried fooling my phone to think it was in USA, in an NFZ specifically. But the flight will follow the bird's location and it fly like it always did.

But if the FCC and CE mode really depends on the Phantom's GPS, why they have EU and US version shipped to those respected regions? I got mine EU version. I thought they got different hardware?

i believe it's the charger mains plug, etc.

Here is the article:
Security Check Required
if you cannot see that link because you're not in a group here is a copy paste:
Phantom 4 zendenergie versus Phantom 3 pro

Omdat ik vermoed dat de PH4 minder zendenergie uitstraalt dan de PH3pro heb ik een meting gedaan tussen die twee.
De GL 300C en GL 300 A zender van de pro.

Het is geen wetenschappelijke meting. Gedaan met een stralingsmeter die tot 8 Ghz gaat.
Meetopstelling op de grond
Zender afstand tot meter 30 cm
Antennes rechtopstaand
Metingen:
PH3 14,8 db
PH4 18,3 db (hoe lager hoe beter)
De waarden zijn relatief en moeten alleen gezien worden als verhoudingen.

Mijn voorlopige conclusie is dat de PH4 20% minder zendvermogen heeft dan de PH3pro.

Indien je in je IOS app bij Algemeen,Taal en Regio, de regio Nieuw Zeeland kiest, dan is de zend energie gelijk aan de PH3pro. Dat wil dus zeggen dat indien je dit met een PH3 pro doet, die zendenergie ook hoger wordt.
Vergeet niet terug te zetten. Daarna vertrouwd Apple je niet en vraagt regelmatif om je Apple ID.

Volgende keer meet ik de zend energie van de Phantoms zelf.
die moet ook minder zijn dan de PH3pro

Als dit een trend wordt dan haakt de pro af en koopt die drone die de minste problemen geeft. Immers het gaat om het beeld zonder problemen tijdens het filmen.

Zend energie kan je verhogen door er een zender tussen te zetten. Echter dat mag wets wege niet.

De omgeving waarin je je bevind bepaald het moment van storing. Veel zendenergie dan blaas je er doorheen. Anders gaat het beeld flickeren.
2,4 Ghz kom je verder dan 5 Ghz.

Andere antennes bieden geen verbetering, wel helpt de paper antenne shield.

Test vlucht met de PH4 met vrij zicht op 80 meter hoogte ging ik niet verder dan 2 km. Wat de overkant van de plas is. DJI haalde 5 km over het water. Dus genoeg voor het in zicht vlieg werk.

A quick translation says that the p4 has 20% less transmitting power, and that when setting your iOS device to NZ that the p4 transmitting power is equal to the p3 - Meaning that It goes into the different mode.

Here is the article:
Security Check Required
if you cannot see that link because you're not in a group here is a copy paste:

A quick translation says that the p4 has 20% less transmitting power, and that when setting your iOS device to NZ that the p4 transmitting power is equal to the p3 - Meaning that It goes into the different mode.
So if i understand well I've to set my device localization to new Zealand?

yes but he only tested this in iOS. not in android.
In android if it works it is even easier. I can make the dji go app think that device language is NZ and keep my device in my language

I use this method even for 32 channel hack to fake US settings

I wouldn't 'hang your hat' on some anecdotal evidence from NZ.

Government regulations mandate these parameters and DJI has come up with some very clever ways to ensure their products comply.

Good luck to you but I remain doubtful.

Hello borgqueenx,
So, do you find a way to force your P4 in fcc mode ?
By the way, which is your country ?
Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20