Can trackimo cause problems for p3p gps?

Reaction score
Trackimo or other external GPS devices, will not affect the GPS on the phantom?
I thought it may send out signals that will cause problems for the p3p gps.

If this isn`t a problem I will buy this:
Trackimo Mini GPS & GSM Realtime Worldwide Tracking Device

No problems here. Been flying with Trackimo every flight for last month and haven't experienced anything negative. Have mounted on landing gear.

Happy Flying!

No problems here. Been flying with Trackimo every flight for last month and haven't experienced anything negative. Have mounted on landing gear.

Happy Flying!

I'm considering mounting mine under the speakers. I see most are mounting theirs on the landing gear. Doesn't throw off the balance?

GPS doesn't send a signal to anything. It receives a signal. And unless you mounted the trackimo to the top of the P3, it CANT affect the P3 GPS reception.

I'm considering mounting mine under the speakers. I see most are mounting theirs on the landing gear. Doesn't throw off the balance?
if by speakers you mean the sonar traducers on the VPS module that would not be a good place being it would block the sonar and possible make it think its always real close to the ground no matter how high up you were flying.

GPS doesn't send a signal to anything. It receives a signal. And unless you mounted the trackimo to the top of the P3, it CANT affect the P3 GPS reception.

Thats not entirely true and the trackimo does also send out a signal threw its cellular connection to send the data to there server to be able to get the tracking info every time it pings its self.

Tho it dont interfere with any thing in the phantoms gps or any thing else being its not the right frequency to effect any thing in the phantom. I also haven't noticed them even affecting the compass like a cell phone can if its powered on and to close to the compass. Tho just to be on the safe side I keep my trackimo on the opposite leg then the one with the compass in it. Tho unlike with my other phantoms I'm a lot less worried of it ever having a fly away on the p3 being that seems to be almost a none existent possibility with the new gps and glasnos gps that the p3 has and I have never even so much as had any thing that even causes me to even ? the rock solid reliability of there gps compared to all my others were any flight could be its last one before trying to make a run for it and take off..

So I mostly just use it on the p3 for the extra pcs of mind just in case it ever flew away.
Tho the funny thing is that any time i ever had a fly away or even a near fly away on my fc40 or my p2v have been when I didnt have the trackimo on it. But i guess thats just how Murphys law works any way.

if by speakers you mean the sonar traducers on the VPS module that would not be a good place being it would block the sonar and possible make it think its always real close to the ground no matter how high up you were flying.

That's not entirely true and the trackimo does also send out a signal through its cellular connection to send the data to their server to be able to get the tracking info every time it pings its self.

Thought it doesn't interfere with any thing in the phantoms GPS or any thing else being its not the right frequency to effect any thing in the phantom. I also haven't noticed them even affecting the compass like a cell phone can if its powered on and to close to the compass. Though just to be on the safe side I keep my trackimo on the opposite leg then the one with the compass in it. Though unlike with my other phantoms I'm a lot less worried of it ever having a fly away on the p3 being that seems to be almost a none existent possibility with the new GPS and GLASNOS GSP that the P3 has and I have never even so much as had any thing that even causes me to even? The rock solid reliability of there GPS compared to all my others were any flight could be its last one before trying to make a run for it and take off..

So I mostly just use it on the p3 for the extra pcs of mind just in case it ever flew away.
Though the funny thing is that any time i ever had a fly away or even a near fly away on my fc40 or my p2v have been when I didn't have the trackimo on it. But I guess that's just how Murphy's law works any way.

As I said... GPS does not send a signal to anything. Its pretty plain English. I didn't say anything about trackimo sending a signal, and never addressed its GSM signal because its not relevant to the situation.

I've seen them mounted underneath before. So your saying it's not a good idea? So basically the only place you could mount it would be the landing gear?

I use trackimo w marco polo pet tracker .pet tracker locates within a foot...much more precise.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik