Can the phantom 4 orbit a moving object?

No. However, you can manually orbit an object when using the ActiveTrack feature.

The Mavic can also do that.
Saw that too, but they both use vision to try and track and often loose the subject, and if it's something like car moving at 30mph with for eg. dust from a track or tress intermittently cutting into the shot forget it..
The typhoon has link to the GPS location of the controller, and wizard can be used on the water surf e.g.,so waves won't matter breaking the shot...it just a much better way to do it...if the OP is look for a new drone and this is a necessary feature.

Yep -- it really depends on what the OP is trying to do. There are pluses and minuses to every quadcopter.

Can the phantom 4 orbit a moving object?
Yes. Active Track or Follow Me...left or right movement on the right stick will direct the drone to orbit the moving subject that you selected. In Litchi on the Phantom 4, it will do that automatically.

Yes. Active Track or Follow Me...left or right movement on the right stick will direct the drone to orbit the moving subject that you selected. In Litchi on the Phantom 4, it will do that automatically.
If I have an iPad with cellular and GPS can Litchi track the GPS ?

If I have an iPad with cellular and GPS can Litchi track the GPS ?

Yes. You can select "Remote" as the POI to track. Alternatively, if you don't want to carry around your R/C transmitter, you can use the Litchi Magic Leash app and it will track that GPS-enabled device, like your iPhone. Or so it says. I have Magic Leash on my iPhone, but I haven't got around to trying it yet.

Yes. You can select "Remote" as the POI to track. Alternatively, if you don't want to carry around your R/C transmitter, you can use the Litchi Magic Leash app and it will track that GPS-enabled device, like your iPhone. Or so it says. I have Magic Leash on my iPhone, but I haven't got around to trying it yet.
Good to know, hopefully this will be available for the mavic.

I use Autopilot all the time, the Orbit Mode does an amazing job, whether the Orbit is around a stationary object or a moving object.

This is very interesting as I have a triathlon to shoot later this year and one of the questions asked was can I fly at a low altitude of about 30' and orbit around a cyclist. I am talking on the bald prairie with no power lines, trees etc. So if I read right, the P4 pro can do this by using the track feature and then using the (left or right stick?) it initiate an orbit around the cyclist. Can I set a distance so I do not fly to close or to far away from the cyclist?

TBH you would be best to fly it yourself for the cyclist as they would change their speed and in my view follow me is rubbish. If your going to fly it at an event you should be experienced so that shouldn't be an issue for you.

Yes, a very good point and I have no trouble at all doing that plus I can always quickly back up or shoot upwards to avoid any risk to the rider.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20