Can the P4P use Dynamic Track like this?

Reaction score
The Autel Evo's way to set Dynamic Track is to choose your target then hit start. If you don't hit start, you have full control of your bird, but the Evo adjust the gimbal and Yaw as to not lose it's target, allowing for some great footage. Here is a video demonstrating this.

I was playing with my P4P's settings, but never found a feature that worked like it. Perhaps I didn't look in the right place. Do you think it's possible to achieve this? If so, How?

The footage turns out so smooth, like someone else was controlling the camera.

Mate not sure on your answer to your question but what a great place ,
Some good pics in there and found it very informative even though I not own 1 (yet).

Great clip I couldent stop watching,,"fangdangle" lol I feel like doing that when I off to fly :)
Good stuff

Reactions: Ansia
The Autel Evo's way to set Dynamic Track is to choose your target then hit start. If you don't hit start, you have full control of your bird, but the Evo adjust the gimbal and Yaw as to not lose it's target, allowing for some great footage. Here is a video demonstrating this.

I was playing with my P4P's settings, but never found a feature that worked like it. Perhaps I didn't look in the right place. Do you think it's possible to achieve this? If so, How?

The footage turns out so smooth, like someone else was controlling the camera.
Other than using DJI's Active Track, the only other software that can do close to what you want and probably even more is AutoPilot. I use AutoPilot frequently with my P3S and Spark and am amazed at what it can be programmed to do. I have had it follow me while walking, Nordic Skiing, Snowmobiling, and Biking. Most of the time I set it to follow me but a POI can be set and it will maintain focus on the POI while the drone is moved around. Settings can be changed on the fly and take effect immediately. AutoPilot, not only does Follow/Track missions but it does so much more. It blows Litchi out of the sky for complex waypoint missions that have curved turns and numerous actions that can be programmed at each point (Spherical panos, 180º multi-row panos, etc).

There are however caveats: AutoPilot is iOS only; It must have a constant signal to drone (no LCMC) unless you choose that option in which case most waypoint functions work like Litchi; It uses a non-standard interface; It has a steeper learning curve; and support from Hangar is spotty or non-existent. There is however a good tutorial section called Flight School.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Reactions: Ansia
I bought Autopilot and it was great. I had completely forgotten about it, since I moved away from Apple products. I was kinds hoping there was a function inside the Go 4 app or a 3rd party compatible with Android. Guess I will have to continue looking and use my Evo for these shots in the meantime. I like my Evo, but nothing like the stability of a Phantom.

I bought Autopilot and it was great. I had completely forgotten about it, since I moved away from Apple products. I was kinds hoping there was a function inside the Go 4 app or a 3rd party compatible with Android. Guess I will have to continue looking and use my Evo for these shots in the meantime. I like my Evo, but nothing like the stability of a Phantom.

Yes, AutoPilot is great - used it earlier today to do a Follow/Track mission of me walking on the melting lake ice and earlier tonight to do a sunset hyperlapse over ice.

Can the Evo use third party software or are you limited to their flight app?

Chris

Yes, AutoPilot is great - used it earlier today to do a Follow/Track mission of me walking on the melting lake ice and earlier tonight to do a sunset hyperlapse over ice.

Can the Evo use third party software or are you limited to their flight app?

Chris
Limited, for now. They promised to release their SDK, but still waiting...

Reactions: Chrislaf

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl