Can the p4 fly to a gps #, address or map point?

Reaction score
in all the reading I've done I don't really have an answer for this. I see the way points program but I don't think that's the same as setting up a exact location? I'm flying to it. I realize I can use tap and fly, but that's only if I'm looking at a map and the spot is in visual. Any help?

Thx!

Well, a waypoint is a Latitude, Longitude so it actually is an exact location. What are you really trying to do? You can set waypoint missions, but my exoerience has always been to ahve it return near the starting point. I have thought of having it travel to a distant waypoint (Location) and land, but have not tried it.

I have a friend that is probably a quarter-mile to a half a mile away in the neighborhood. Houses are way far apart. And I'm wondering if I can input GPS coordinates of his house , his address, or select on a map and fly there.

Glen: Read up on Autonomous flight modes. That is the drone code word for sending it alone. The included DJI Go application offers that as do a few aftermarket apps also. Litchi is immensely popular here although there are many stories of people losing their drones with Litchi. (I don't get it) I use Ultimate Flight and have had zero problems with it.

I want to do something similar but have not tried it yet. I believe you can program a "Waypoint Mission" and have it land at the last waypoint, but don't quote me. If you try it give yourself a large area to land, as I sometimes notice that the accuracy on finishing a mission is not a good as return to home.

In the Auto Flight mode you will see a Google Earth looking map and you can set a waypoint in his yard. Look into it. It is one of the coolest things these overpriced toys do.

In the Auto Flight mode you will see a Google Earth looking map and you can set a waypoint in his yard. Look into it. It is one of the coolest things these overpriced toys do.

I will look into it, you are saying that this is one of the flight modes like point of interest, waypoints, etc?. and it's called auto flight mode? I don't see it? And the map the small Google map but I pull up doesn't allow me to tap and set a waypoint I'll play around with it more this afternoon

All those which are available when you put your little 'P A F" switch on the font left corner into "F" position are Autonomous flight modes.
I don't have a PAF switch , mine is a PSA ....hopefully someone (before me) can give me step-by-step directions on using a phantom4 to fly to a specific location that is 1 mile away.

You can use Litchi to fly to your friends house and you can use the mission hub to program the flight on a high res google earth map.

GPS coordinates are used when you set the way points but I do not think you can enter them manually.

FWIW I have not heard of anyone that lost their drone because of litchi. Usually the problem is related to underestimating the wind at altitude. Underestimating set altitudes. Forgetting that Obstacle avoidance only works when the AC is flying straight etc.

For wind speed at altitude here is a good Site to use before flying.

UAV Forecast

There are literly tons of solid youtube videos related to Litchi missions.

Udemy also has a complete course on litchi flying

Go here for litchi information and play with the mission hub

Litchi for DJI Mavic/Phantom/Inspire

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav