Can the P3P/A 'bank' in a turn?

Reaction score
I know the DJI A2 autopilot can do this, but I'm wondering if this is something the P3 can do? Or do pilots' think this is something rumoured in a future update?

Cheers

Nick

The P3P can yaw, but it does not bank.

What is a bank turn lool
In simple terms--

An airplane banks with the ailerons and turns with the rudder. If you use the rudder only, it will slip sideways and not turn efficiently. Use the combination of the rudder and the ailerons the turn can be precise with no slip.

Of course the Phantom turns by increasing and decreasing motor RPM which banks and turns the Phantom much like the ailerons and rudder on an airplane.

Ok class over -- now go learn how to turn:D:D

Would be good if an update could do this. A new perspective on flying.
If you are looking for little more "perspective" why don't you change the gimbal FPV mode? You can definitely make it bank and show on video if that is what you want.

If you are looking for little more "perspective" why don't you change the gimbal FPV mode? You can definitely make it bank and show on video if that is what you want.
I think he may be looking for the app to do the banked turn-- :)

I admit the title confused me a bit but not because there's anything wrong with it but I thought everyone "Banked" in their turns. Now I realize I've let my age get ahead of me LOL! The vast majority of Phantom operators here don't fly planks and heli so these terms may seem odd and foreign.

The smoothest flight will always be a coordinated turn which would be (as described above) using rudder (left stick) to yaw the aircraft and a small amount of aileron (right stick) to roll and compliment/coordinate the turn. Otherwise w/o aileron (roll, right stick) you are skidding around the turn. Of course since we are dealing with multirotors a coordinated turn isn't as important because a sloppy turn isn't nearly as noticeable as with an airplane or heli. Some airplanes don't turn well at all with just rudder input so using both can be very important with certain aircraft.

Give it a whirl and you'll get the hang of it pretty quick just realize often times a little control stick movement goes a long way. With programmable controllers (talking about coordinated turns with airplanes) i used to "cheat" and add in a little rudder/aileron mixing and it only took about 10% rudder to aileron input to make a nice smooth turn.

Reactions: nickyb
I admit the title confused me a bit but not because there's anything wrong with it but I thought everyone "Banked" in their turns. Now I realize I've let my age get ahead of me LOL! The vast majority of Phantom operators here don't fly planks and heli so these terms may seem odd and foreign.

The smoothest flight will always be a coordinated turn which would be (as described above) using rudder (left stick) to yaw the aircraft and a small amount of aileron (right stick) to roll and compliment/coordinate the turn. Otherwise w/o aileron (roll, right stick) you are skidding around the turn. Of course since we are dealing with multirotors a coordinated turn isn't as important because a sloppy turn isn't nearly as noticeable as with an airplane or heli. Some airplanes don't turn well at all with just rudder input so using both can be very important with certain aircraft.

Give it a whirl and you'll get the hang of it pretty quick just realize often times a little control stick movement goes a long way. With programmable controllers (talking about coordinated turns with airplanes) i used to "cheat" and add in a little rudder/aileron mixing and it only took about 10% rudder to aileron input to make a nice smooth turn.
Thanks for taking the trouble to explain. Appreciate it.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4