Can the FrSky Taranis QX 7 be used to a Phantom 2

Reaction score
Hi

Can the FrSky Taranis QX 7 be used to a Phantom 2 with Zenmuse gimbal?

I also have a cable for my action camera that if connected to a 2 way switch can turn on video or take a photo(flick to take photo,hold to take a video). Would I get extra controls with the new controller to enable this option along with the default controls?

Hi

Can the FrSky Taranis QX 7 be used to a Phantom 2 with Zenmuse gimbal?

I also have a cable for my action camera that if connected to a 2 way switch can turn on video or take a photo(flick to take photo,hold to take a video). Would I get extra controls with the new controller to enable this option along with the default controls?

You can use whatever transmitter you wish but you would need to remove and replace the 2.4GHz receiver then rewire the new receiver to the Naza-M module. If you are thinking of using the wifi to turn the camera on/off that would not be wise as wifi uses the same 2.4GHz frequency as the P2 and will interfere with its operation.

You can use whatever transmitter you wish but you would need to remove and replace the 2.4GHz receiver then rewire the new receiver to the Naza-M module. If you are thinking of using the wifi to turn the camera on/off that would not be wise as wifi uses the same 2.4GHz frequency as the P2 and will interfere with its operation.

Hi the camera cable would have the switch ability and I was hoping to use the extra switches available to enable it. It would not use wifi.

http://des.gearbest.com/uploads/2015/201512/heditor/201512121652555821.jpg

Hi the camera cable would have the switch ability and I was hoping to use the extra switches available to enable it. It would not use wifi.

http://des.gearbest.com/uploads/2015/201512/heditor/201512121652555821.jpg

Look a P2 operates on a frequency of 2.4GHz which the same frequency that wifi uses and it doesn't matter how many switches you have on the QX7 controller you cannot use the camera's wifi to turn it on. That cable with three wire connector feeds video, B+ and ground and the other is for audio/ground and has nothing to do with switching the camera from photo to video. In fact, the cameras USB input/output cannot turn the camera on /off.
As I see it you have no idea what you are doing.

Look a P2 operates on a frequency of 2.4GHz which the same frequency that wifi uses and it doesn't matter how many switches you have on the QX7 controller you cannot use the camera's wifi to turn it on. That cable with three wire connector feeds video, B+ and ground and the other is for audio/ground and has nothing to do with switching the camera from photo to video. In fact, the cameras USB input/output cannot turn the camera on /off.
As I see it you have no idea what you are doing.
A bit harsh, Jason. I installed an X8R in my P2 to fly with my Taranis X9D+ and as the X8R had upto 16 channels available I managed to get it to do a lot more than than the standard controller would.
I learnt (eventually) that it was not a good idea to use the GoPro WiFi at the same time as the controller, but actually did manage many flights without incident until I read about the potential problems here.
Although I haven't tried it (or even researched it) I'm pretty sure I could use one of the many available channels still unused on my X8R (Currently the P2 is controlled by SBus to X2 on the Naza-M) to operate the GoPro in some manner. I'm only using 4 of the remaining 8 channels for extra LED lights, undercarriage raising/lowering and 'lost' buzzer.
I "had no idea what I was doing" when I started messing around with my Phantom, but I learned by asking on this site and nobody insinuated that I was incompetent, ignorant or foolish as you appear to be calling him.

A bit harsh, Jason. I installed an X8R in my P2 to fly with my Taranis X9D+ and as the X8R had upto 16 channels available I managed to get it to do a lot more than than the standard controller would.
I learnt (eventually) that it was not a good idea to use the GoPro WiFi at the same time as the controller, but actually did manage many flights without incident until I read about the potential problems here.
Although I haven't tried it (or even researched it) I'm pretty sure I could use one of the many available channels still unused on my X8R (Currently the P2 is controlled by SBus to X2 on the Naza-M) to operate the GoPro in some manner. I'm only using 4 of the remaining 8 channels for extra LED lights, undercarriage raising/lowering and 'lost' buzzer.
I "had no idea what I was doing" when I started messing around with my Phantom, but I learned by asking on this site and nobody insinuated that I was incompetent, ignorant or foolish as you appear to be calling him.

You're entitled to your opinion like everyone else here. Have a good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik