Can someone try this for me?

Reaction score
Enable your camera to look up 30 degrees and let me know if the arms of the phantom are centered in the frame.

Check this out

notice how much more it looks to the left when calibrating and also when I look up 30 degrees how you can see the left are much more

I have done a imu calibration followed by a gimbal calibration on a perfectly flat surface several times and it is still pointing very slightly to the left, can this be corrected?

btw nothing looks to be bent at all

Also I made sure that this was not the issue:
Camera off center, 30 degrees to right

Looking for feedback, thanks!

Mine is left of center just a touch but you can see both arms

Mine is left of center just a touch but you can see both arms
Thanks for checking
I am guessing it is not as noticeable as mine?
I wonder if this is common
I wish there was a way through the software to adjust it

No, but it looks to me like your gimbal is not quite horizontal after calibration. The image kind of flips a little to the left as the final step of the calibration (0:34). Check the vertical door frames on the left side of the image as reference. Have you entered a gimbal tilt offset?

//Tom

I'm sure this is normal. Don't forget The lens of the camera is not exactly central under the drone body when you look at it head on. Which is why it will pan more to one side and your also seeing one arm more than the other when moving the camera up 30 degrees [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Great_Lakes
Enable your camera to look up 30 degrees and let me know if the arms of the phantom are centered in the frame.

Check this out

notice how much more it looks to the left when calibrating and also when I look up 30 degrees how you can see the left are much more

I have done a imu calibration followed by a gimbal calibration on a perfectly flat surface several times and it is still pointing very slightly to the left, can this be corrected?

btw nothing looks to be bent at all

Also I made sure that this was not the issue:
Camera off center, 30 degrees to right

Looking for feedback, thanks!
Mine is exactly like yours. I accept it as normal as I have 2 birds and they are both the same.

The camera itself does not sit perfectly centered under quad, just take a look. It's offset to left. That's why you're seeing more of the left arm.

Reactions: dmark1867
No, but it looks to me like your gimbal is not quite horizontal after calibration. The image kind of flips a little to the left as the final step of the calibration (0:34). Check the vertical door frames on the left side of the image as reference. Have you entered a gimbal tilt offset?

//Tom
No I have not, but I was under the impression that will tilt the horizon not off center the image

I'm sure this is normal. Don't forget The lens of the camera is not exactly central under the drone body when you look at it head on. Which is why it will pan more to one side and your also seeing one arm more than the other when moving the camera up 30 degrees [emoji106]

Thanks for the feedback.
So seems like for the most part the feedback I am getting is that this is normal?

Please take a look at this photo; this is what I get when looking all the way up after I enable the 30° extensible.
If you (or any other members here), enable the 30° extensible and look as far up as you can I would love to see what you see.
DJI_0365.JPG

No I have not, but I was under the impression that will tilt the horizon not off center the image

Yes, that's the idea. If you need to fix a slight tilt to the gimbal, that's how you do it. Sometimes I need to dial in a value for a certain shot to have a perfectly levelled horizon.

//Tom

Yes, that's the idea. If you need to fix a slight tilt to the gimbal, that's how you do it. Sometimes I need to dial in a value for a certain shot to have a perfectly levelled horizon.

//Tom
That isn't my issue.

The horizon is perfectly level for me.

My issue is:
When I enable the 30° extensible and look as far up as possible, the left arm of the phantom is in the frame while none of the right arm of the phantom is in the frame at all.
When I tilt the gimbal back down the horizon is perfectly level.

Please try this, enable the 30° extensible and look as far up as possible, do you see the left arm of your phantom or is it perfectly centered, please post a pic of your results, thanks!

The camera itself does not sit perfectly centered under quad, just take a look. It's offset to left. That's why you're seeing more of the left arm.
okay, so I need to leave it alone and kick my OCD to the curb I guess, lol :)
It is a shame there is no way to adjust it to the center.
So since the camera is actually placed more towards the left on the drone, even if I could some how adjust it to be centered when looking up then the camera would actually pointed towards the right when I lower it to point forward. Does this sound correct? Thanks man!

okay, so I need to leave it alone and kick my OCD to the curb I guess, lol :)
It is a shame there is no way to adjust it to the center.
So since the camera is actually placed more towards the left on the drone, even if I could some how adjust it to be centered when looking up then the camera would actually pointed towards the right when I lower it to point forward. Does this sound correct? Thanks man!

Yes that sounds about right to me! Although as you say I don't think there is a way to adjust it. Jonebk12's post was exactly what I was trying to say a bit further up this thread. [emoji4]

Here's a pic of mine, i moved the props into the picture so you could better orient related to where the props/arms are. i wonder if 4:3 vs 16:9 makes a difference as well, so i took two pics.

16:9

ilJfFUK.jpg

4:3
S5FcU5v.jpg

they appear the same, except for the aspect ratio being a little different. comparing to your pic, its pretty close but I would say yours shows a tad more of the arm in the vertical and more of the led on the horizontal.

Here's a pic of mine, i moved the props into the picture so you could better orient related to where the props/arms are. i wonder if 4:3 vs 16:9 makes a difference as well, so i took two pics.

16:9

ilJfFUK.jpg

4:3
S5FcU5v.jpg

they appear the same, except for the aspect ratio being a little different. comparing to your pic, its pretty close but I would say yours shows a tad more of the arm in the vertical and more of the led on the horizontal.
Thanks for the post, I am feeling better now! Looks like 16:9 just cut off some of the bottom.
It does look like yours shows up a little less, but it is minimal
I am glad to find out that this is normal behavior and there is not something wrong with mine.
It would be cool if they did a firmware update that would allow you to offset the camera to point to the right a little when pointing the camera up to minimize the left arm showing in the frame.
Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4