Can someone take a look at my Air Data?

According to Google Earth the terrain was rising away from the home point:
i-3Sn7jb3-XL.jpg

Hi, so DJI said not covered because not a craft malfuction, I said well, ok. But I went to that area with another craft and do you know there is not one tree there higher than 80 feet?

I asked them kindly ( and they were swift and nice) just now how could it be my fault, I also added that I never used the stick to descend. ( at least from what I remember and if I did I would dare not go below 100 feet.

What do you think?

Hi, so DJI said not covered because not a craft malfuction, I said well, ok. But I went to that area with another craft and do you know there is not one tree there higher than 80 feet?

I asked them kindly ( and they were swift and nice) just now how could it be my fault, I also added that I never used the stick to descend. ( at least from what I remember and if I did I would dare not go below 100 feet.

What do you think?

I think that you are not going to win that argument. The ground elevation at the crash site is around 25 ft higher than the takeoff point. The aircraft altitude, relative to takeoff point, was 111 ft. That puts it at around 86 ft AGL at that point. Even if your estimate that the trees are no more than 80 ft high in that area is correct, your clearance was within the margin of error of the altimeter. That's clearly pilot error. Why were you so low to begin with?

Last edited:
ok, c'mon guys sorry i started all this by saying "consensus"...i chose the wrong word. I saw what yarome saw more so probably what wanted to hear. But did not lie, what I wrote is that of a novice so consider the source ( me ).

I think that you are not going to win that argument. The ground elevation at the crash site is around 25 ft higher than the takeoff point. The aircraft altitude, relative to takeoff point, was 111 ft. That puts it at around 86 ft AGL at that point. Even if your estimate that the trees are no more than 80 ft high in that area, your clearance was within the margin of error of the altimeter. That's clearly pilot error. Why were you so low to begin with?

Well...when I get that warning "aircraft landing nearby I felt that lower was safer. But it was a learning experience. Can you provide me a link about terrain footage in general so I can check future flight area's.? thx

Well...when I get that warning "aircraft landing nearby I felt that lower was safer. But it was a learning experience. Can you provide me a link about terrain footage in general so I can check future flight area's.? thx

I'm just going by the Google Earth DEM, which reports elevation above MSL. In my experience it is reasonably accurate.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl