Can someone take a look at my Air Data?

Trees may not be tall as you stated, but, & I speak from expierence here, the ground level may have risen at point you hit that tree. I know to the eye, I didn't see the change in elevation about 200 meters North of me, but walking to the site of my near miss, ground was more than 30 meters higher than take off elevation!

I'm not seeing the spike - it seems to be holding at around 44 mph, then drops slightly.

ok, thanks - guess I should be shopping for another one. It's difficult to find a "new drone" only. Perfectly good transmitter and charger here. Probably do an ebay.. The repair charge may be outrageous if indeed not covered.

Trees may not be tall as you stated, but, & I speak from expierence here, the ground level may have risen at point you hit that tree. I know to the eye, I didn't see the change in elevation about 200 meters North of me, but walking to the site of my near miss, ground was more than 30 meters higher than take off elevation!
wow, bummer. Were you able to repair it. I can see your dilemma. but honestly when I searched in the woods for it i was walking on a decline. I remember, struggling back to my car walking up small hills in the woods.

Spot on. It's not always easy to judge rising terrain. Setting the RTH height always put me on edge until I just put in a 50% safety factor from what I thought I needed to clear obstacles.

Reactions: jsposito
yes, and one will usually do that after a near mishap - but here I thought 30 meter was too high. Actually 50 is truly playing it safe, but at the cost of just some battery. But worth the tradeoff.

CracktheSKY , Didn't I read one of your posts that the given altitude is almost always inaccurate.?
Yes. Hence the need for a 50% safety factor added to the expected minimum RTH clearance height. In my humble opinion. Takes in the undetected rising terrain factor too.

In your original thread, @Yarome was the only person to conclude that your crash will be covered under warranty. He did not explain why though.

My earlier remark was solely addressing the repair vs. replacement issue taking his statement at face value.. Not on pilot error vs. mechanical failure from reviewing his log.

"My concern is I do not want a repair but a replacement. There are sensor issues ( IMU , Compass) as well"

Please don't put words in my mouth. ;)

understood and noted sorry to drag u into this!

Not in the slightest! Just clarifying and toasts my bread to see you back up and flying as quickly as possible!

I'm of the school of though that bullets kill people.. not guns... and EVERYONE should be issued a drone at birth. LMFAO

Fly on!

Not in the slightest! Just clarifying and toasts my bread to see you back up and flying as quickly as possible!

Thanks so much. My daughter as well. We spend time together on the weekends having fun with it.
I think my drone withdrawal is in week one now.. lol so it must take some time for it to leave my system.

I'm of the school of though that bullets kill people.. not guns... and EVERYONE should be issued a drone at birth. LMFAO

Fly on!

absolutely, and gets teenagers out in the fresh air and off their game consoles......

when I searched in the woods for it i was walking on a decline. I remember, struggling back to my car walking up small hills in the woods.
According to Google Earth the terrain was rising away from the home point:
i-3Sn7jb3-XL.jpg

wow, that's genius. Yes, then that would explain why I was walking up these mini hills separated by a creek. But, as I think about i walked the opposite way.Not the direction I flew. You see that clearance before the woods was someone elses property. The landlord forbids anyone except a couple of ranch hands as there are horses he raises here.

Please don't put words in my mouth. ;)
I would never do such a thing. Here's exactly what you said:

You're under the basic warranty (providing original proof of purchase) and from what you have posted it is without a doubt a manufacturers issue and will undoubtedly be covered. New shell and all... but may take a significant chunk out of your spring flying. Not much of a way around that.. I hate to say.

You're good though and shouldn't have any out of pocket.

What "manufacturers issue" are you referring to?

Reactions: sar104 and Meta4
What "manufacturers issue" are you referring to?

Read much? "There are sensor issues ( IMU, compass) as well" You called me out for attaching a link to text but comm,'on, Mike.....

Read much? "There are sensor issues ( IMU, compass) as well" You called me out for attaching a link to text but comm,'on, Mike.....
I honestly have no idea what point you're trying to make here. None of it makes sense (to me anyhow).

The only reason I mentioned your comment above is because the OP said the consensus of his original thread was the crash was not caused by pilot error. And you were the only one that commented that you thought it would be repaired under warranty by DJI (in this post). Take a look at the original thread so you can get on the same page here.

Just as you posted erroneously "from what you have posted it is without a doubt a manufacturers issue and will undoubtedly be covered", a lot of what you've read is also misleading.
Just because someone posts it doesn't mean it's true.

did home point get set before takeoff ,,looking at data it set very late in the air
The data shows the home point was set before the Phantom took off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4