Can someone suggest a good DJI Phantom 4 backpack for air travel?

I bought this hard shell backpack

e910c449069cb9bf478cb605a4ecf1e1_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know why I can no longer bring in a pic from from photos on my iPad into a post like above, they are now all blurry

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I bought a manfrotto d1 and its fantastic. Unfortunately it is 56cm which is above many carriers limits. I invested in a think tank helipak which is 50cm and within 99.9% of airline limits. I can literally fit twice the amount of stuff in there compared to the manfrotto. Budget airlines that are carry on only often have no weight limit so you can pack a couple nights worth of clothes in the helipak too. About to take it to Scotland in the next couple days I'll report back

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Anyone know why I can no longer bring in a pic from from photos on my iPad into a post like above, they are now all blurry

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have noticed that too. I believe they have reduced the file size upload limit.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have the ProCraft Backpack. It's a bit large, but I like it because it fits all of my batteries, Mini-iPad, Controller and all accessories. Plus it can be carried on airplane. Very nicely made, lots of storage pockets and padding.

For $40 I bought a Jansport backpack and shove it in there in the styrofoam case - why pay more when it comes in a case?
Yep, I could not agree more. The DJI "beer cooler" that comes with the bird is custom fit and protects the bird like nothing else. Those backpacks that are soft inside where you have to configure the dividers just don't do it for me .I bought a Drone Max Agile back pack for $45 and I have plenty of extra room laptop, filters, sun visor etc. Yes, not too sexy but gets the job done.

I purchased the Go Professional Fieldline edition which is on sale for $125. It is a very well made backpack with precision custom foam made for the Phantom 4, and it has lots of pockets for storage. The dimensions fit with in the commercial airline outlines so you can take it and place it in the overhead bins without having to worry about it not fitting and having to get the bag checked.

The company is reputable and I received the backpack the next day shipped from San Diego.

Pics attached.

I got one of these when they had their $99 special. I LOVE IT. it holds everything I have for my p4 and more!

I have 6 batteries, 2 sets of prop guards, 3 wind surfers, my iPad mini, car charger, 12 lens filters, 5 complete sets of props, controller, endless cables, 16000mah USB charger for iPad, sunshade, 13" mbp and still have plenty of room left.

I purchased the Go Professional Fieldline edition which is on sale for $125. It is a very well made backpack with precision custom foam made for the Phantom 4, and it has lots of pockets for storage. The dimensions fit with in the commercial airline outlines so you can take it and place it in the overhead bins without having to worry about it not fitting and having to get the bag checked.

The company is reputable and I received the backpack the next day shipped from San Diego.

Pics attached.
Nice looking backpack and I like the hard foam insert. My question is, are the tops of the motors protected? It seems like they are exposed with little or no protection except the backpack cover

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj