Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Copterman

I am new in the drone world and I am still trying to understand the relationship of some of the apps I see mention here.

How is DJI Assist used?

How is DJI Light Bridge used for?

How is DJI Clean used?

What does Kutchi do?

I saw hack mentioned in one discussion to set the channel to be used. What is that and what is it used for?

Do any of these take the place of something else or each other?

Thanks in advance for any help offers.

2. alokbhargava

Omg these are long topics to discuss. My suggestion would be to google search for these items, read the available information and ask specific questions if you have any. Hope someone will be able to guide you else you will be the master of them and will be in a position to help others.

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

It's primary uses are for calibrating the front sensors, installing firmware on your Phantom, and doing a factory reset. It's easier to upgrade the firmware via DJI GO like this.

It transmits the video and flight data to DJI GO.

Got a link?

Do you mean Litchi? If so, it's an alternative to DJI GO. See the Litchi website for more details.

It unlocks additional remote controller channels.

Copterman likes this.
  4. GeoffJ

The only one you need initially is DJI GO. It will allow you to set up your bird and start flying.

You may then find you need DJI Assistant 2 to make it easy to update your firmware, and to calibrate your sensors.

Later on, Litchi will enable you to program missions for your drone, so it can fly autonomously, while you just watch it.

The other things you mention, are either not needed (Lightbridge is built in already) or just apps that look important but aren't, and are totally unnecessary.

Copterman likes this.
  5. Copterman

Thanks Geoff! That clears up a lot for me.
    I actually launched DJI Assistant 2 and connected the bird to it but the info I saw on the screen looked like some kind flight log data. I could not figure out what it was for.
    I finally got a good screen to look at the DJI Go app. I found a lot of new things. One of the things that puzzled me was an altitude limit. I did not know there was any limit because DJI claims the service ceiling is 19000 feet.
    Is the 500 meter limit part of the Geo fence?

Thanks for all your help!

6. snowghost

Check out this very informative video for all the DJI Go app settings.

Copterman likes this.
  7. WWK888

That 19,000 foot altitude is what altitude the P4 can operate. Say if you climb a mountain that is 14K then launch, it should be able to perform. The 500 meter is the highest point you can fly from where you took off from (AGL).