Can Someone Hijack your Bird??

Here is video from the actual incident . I was flying along smooth then all of a sudden there is a turn slightly to the left then you'll see it starting to land and pulling to the left towards a light on the ground that looks like a flashlight. Look for the car driving down the road on the left and you'll see it pass the house where this light is coming from. Meanwhile I'm trying to rise up and it veers off to the left and flys all the way out to a location down the street from me then I gain control and bring it back fighting the landing the whole way...

If you haven't I would I also upload your log file to msingers log viewer tool. Healthy drones, while I use it, can (In my experience) give some strange details. It also has far less detail depicted.

I would also grab the AC log .dat file and see what the gurus here make of it.

Here is video from the actual incident . I was flying along smooth then all of a sudden there is a turn slightly to the left then you'll see it starting to land and pulling to the left towards a light on the ground that looks like a flashlight. Look for the car driving down the road on the left and you'll see it pass the house where this light is coming from. Meanwhile I'm trying to rise up and it veers off to the left and flys all the way out to a location down the street from me then I gain control and bring it back fighting the landing the whole way...

Is it the small light that goes down and out of the frame around the 45sec mark lower left?

Is it the small light that goes down and out of the frame around the 45sec mark lower left?
Yeah I believe so but I don't think this was the neighbor. Just found out that the bird is starting auto land at 13% not 10% since upgrade..not sure if it's only me or others... I think that's what happened but those crazy signal numbers had me puzzled.

Yeah I believe so but I don't think this was the neighbor. Just found out that the bird is starting auto land at 13% not 10% since upgrade..not sure if it's only me or others... I think that's what happened but those crazy signal numbers had me puzzled.

Yea I enlarged it and that just looks like someone with a flashlight. When someone "lights up" your quad with a high intensity light (LED etc) you'll notice it BIG time. We've played with illuminating ours with high powered LED units and it's very obvious.

10% is on the low side but YMMV.

If you haven't I would I also upload your log file to msingers log viewer tool. Healthy drones, while I use it, can (In my experience) give some strange details. It also has far less detail depicted.

I would also grab the AC log .dat file and see what the gurus here make of it.

Is his log viewer available for download?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Here is another weird piece of data says I lost signal for 757 seconds??? That's impossible. Also notice the vear off to to the left..I was coming in straight line. Blue Circle marks the house of the person complaining about the drone. So looking at data my Signal went screwing, the battery went screwing and this says connection lost for 12 minutes.

zgM4vPh.jpg
It is very possible to get a reading that says you lost signal for x amount of time, not that signal was lost that long just the telemetry stream was down for that long. Also I highly highly doubt this person has figured out a way to jam your drone unless he is some kind of geek with electronics. May I ask why you are flying in a Suburban neighborhood, it looks very similar to my neighborhood and I've never flown out from my yard even once.
See here:

755445602672bc9c5e6da9ad4c862ab9.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Our drones can go into critical battery mode over the 10% level you may have set, has happened to me more than once and automatically do a landing based on voltage not based on battery percent.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

So yesterday I get an email from a resident that lives behind me, about 200 yards through a wooded field. Says he was asking me nicely not to fly my drone over his house etc. Now long story short I'm never less then 150-200 feet when flying over he mentioned that he was asking nicely like if I didn't comply I'd have an issue.

So tonight I'm coming towards my house at 300 feet in the air and 980 feet from home. All of a sudden the I lose control of the bird and it starts landing. I fight the controls get it over the wood but overshoot my property, at this point battery getting low...11% or so...finally I get it home and land with 6%.

I immediately went in to review video. Bird is flying along and all of a sudden, turns to the left towards what looks to be a light shining up towards the drone. Then the video shows me fighting to get it back. I then look at my Healthy drone account and I find this. Check that signal error...something went wrong there and my question is what?

RQjBAFw.jpg

odmTPsx.jpg
...Bkushner, coincidence, the signal errors are most like due to the voltage drop, I've seen same with my Inspire, could you
please attach or send the DJIFlightRecord_*.txt file to the following email address, thx...
VaData (at) YaHoo (dot) com
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

You may want to check a couple of items. Number one if your battery gets low it go into RTH and you have no control. If the battery is really low it kicks into a auto land and make no difference where it's at or what's under it. Those are two functions to help save your bird but they can give you issues if you are not fully aware of their set up and function. Sound to me as though it kicked in.
As far as the wifi you bird is set to pair with you unit and it will only accept one wifi connection. Doubt anyone can take control or inter fear. Most likely kicked into the auto RTH on low battery and it starts to climb to a predetermined altitude or if it is already higher it maintains current altitude but starts heading to the GPS set home lock path where it will auto land.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl