Can someone help figure out whats going on with my Phantom 3 Pro?

Reaction score
I just got a new Phantom 3 Pro, charged everything up and tried to get going but I'm stuck. I already have a P2v+ so I'm somewhat familiar with the platform.

The DJI GO app will not connect with the remote. It just sits on the main screen where it says "How to Connect". The only indication it is connected is the tablet beeps and shows charging when plugged to the remote. I have tried on IOS (Ipad) and a Android (Kind Fire). I made sure usb debugging was enabled on the fire in case that mattered. I've tried 3 different cables, re-installing the app, restarting the tablet, upgrading from IOS 8 to 9, all iterations of starting and plugging order.

Second problem is I can't get the motors to start, and with no app don't have any idea what's happening or even what version the firmware is. The remote shows it's linked with a green light, the P3 shows ready to fly with slow green flashing indicator LED's, but moving the sticks to the bottom corners does nothing. I know the remote is somewhat linked because the gimbal control moves the camera. Also pressing the left stick moves the camera slightly(I assume this is some kind of movement compensation but don't know).

Is there something that stops you from flying if you haven't registered or something, or should I be able to fly without the app?

Phantom 3 Pro: W323A
Remote: GL300B

Am I doing this right, anyone have any clues?

Is there something that stops you from flying if you haven't registered or something, or should I be able to fly without the app?
You have to activate the aircraft (register with DJI) to get anywhere.
Next time you're staring at the Connect Your Aircraft screen, try pulling the cable from the tablet for a second and reconnecting.
Often that will prompt it.

Reactions: Skypicswa
You have to activate the aircraft (register with DJI) to get anywhere.
Next time you're staring at the Connect Your Aircraft screen, try pulling the cable from the tablet for a second and reconnecting.
Often that will prompt it.

Thanks I've done that a bunch of times. Can anyone confirm if the app should connect with just the remote turned on? It would be easier to troubleshoot knowing I didn't need to the phantom powered on the whole time

App should connect to RC if you select the correct P3 on the app screen. I feel you have defective USB port on your RC.

Thanks I've done that a bunch of times. Can anyone confirm if the app should connect with just the remote turned on? It would be easier to troubleshoot knowing I didn't need to the phantom powered on the whole time
You can fire up the app on it's own, but to activate, you have to be connected to your Phantom.

Try powering on the aircraft first. Then make sure your device's screen is active & power on the remote. Do NOT run DJI Go before powering on the controller. Either DJI Go will automatically open or you will get a pop-up asking if you want to start DJI Go automatically. If it connects successfully the Go app will auto-detect your aircraft model & you will see a picture of it on the "Connect to Camera" screen.

Try powering on the aircraft first. Then make sure your device's screen is active & power on the remote. Do NOT run DJI Go before powering on the controller. Either DJI Go will automatically open or you will get a pop-up asking if you want to start DJI Go automatically. If it connects successfully the Go app will auto-detect your aircraft model & you will see a picture of it on the "Connect to Camera" screen.

You need to register with DJI before it will allow you to take off.

App should connect to RC if you select the correct P3 on the app screen. I feel you have defective USB port on your RC.

I just got a new Phantom 3 Pro, charged everything up and tried to get going but I'm stuck. I already have a P2v+ so I'm somewhat familiar with the platform.

The DJI GO app will not connect with the remote. It just sits on the main screen where it says "How to Connect". The only indication it is connected is the tablet beeps and shows charging when plugged to the remote. I have tried on IOS (Ipad) and a Android (Kind Fire). I made sure usb debugging was enabled on the fire in case that mattered. I've tried 3 different cables, re-installing the app, restarting the tablet, upgrading from IOS 8 to 9, all iterations of starting and plugging order.

Second problem is I can't get the motors to start, and with no app don't have any idea what's happening or even what version the firmware is. The remote shows it's linked with a green light, the P3 shows ready to fly with slow green flashing indicator LED's, but moving the sticks to the bottom corners does nothing. I know the remote is somewhat linked because the gimbal control moves the camera. Also pressing the left stick moves the camera slightly(I assume this is some kind of movement compensation but don't know).

Phantom 3 Pro: W323A
Remote: GL300B

Try using a different cable

Thanks I suspected the same thing but found the issue:
the problem turned out to be that neither my Ipad 3 or Kindle Fire 7 can connect to the app. A neighbors Ipad Air was able to connect. After updating and registering the UAV I was able to start it. One thing I also found out was that this remote (GL300B) can't update firmware from an sd card, I mention this for future finders since the fact it wouldn't start the update had me suspecting the usb port. I don't see a technological reason the Ipad 3 and Kindle Fire 7 can't connect, if anyone knows a way to get them going please let me know

You might need IOS9 to run the latest Go app. I'm not positive on that, but the iPad 3 isn't on the list of tested devices. As for the Kindle, that's not a true Google Android OS, so it likely has a problem with the Android Go app. Kindle is NOT on the list of tested devices from DJI. Here's a list of tested devices, choose one of these.

• iOS: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj